Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ministerial Alliance Thursday


I attended the alliance meeting today here at Coffeyville since it is the last one of our year before September. Bob didn't want to go. He aches all over much of the time and would not be comfortable. I got him as comfortable as possible, fixed him some lunch and left at the last possible moment for the meeting. He took his nap and was still sleeping when I got home. I needed to go since I am secretary/treasurer.

Yesterday was pretty bad. He feels much better today. But taking the half pain tablet must have worked out pretty well since he pretty much slept through the night. I was exhausted yesterday too. I woke up night before last at 3:00AM and could not get back to sleep. So I was wiped out all day.

Our grandson e-mailed me this morning and offered to do our yard work. I told him I had an old Dixon mower and a good Worx trimmer and since I had my health thus far I was trying to be as independent as possible. But I really appreciated the offer. That, in itself, was very good of him. He has a wife and new baby himself. They will soon move to Nowata and we will not see him as much as we have when they live in Independence. I hate that. But they have to do what is best for them. Marlene loves to garden and since she is a vegetarian, having a garden is very important to her.

John, our son-in-law, came by last night and visited us awhile. That was so sweet of him. He and Jeromy had gone to Nowata to see the property Jeromy is going to buy. He stayed and visited quite awhile. I was happy to send half of the brownies I made yesterday home with him for his lunch. I had made them for the family night meeting we were to have had here last night. At the last minute, we canceled it. Bob just felt too bad to have it here.

Today we both felt 100% better! We both got a good night's sleep! I got my minutes done and out to the CMA members and Bob rested well today. Two of our friends came to visit this afternoon and brought him a huge basket of flowers. How nice is that!! I fed them the other half of the brownies. I'm hoping Bob has another good night. That makes all the difference. He wants to take Leslie, our daughter, to lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you both got some rest and hope Bob's pain pills will continue to help him relax. It has been a trying week for you all. It is so nice to know that you have friends and family willing to help in trying times.

Margie's Musings said...

It is wonderful! Not only did the two women who brought the flowers come over but another friend came later and visited with us too. He was the husband (of the friend) who installed our hot water tank.

It is so good to know you have support when life gets tough.