Saturday, May 8, 2010

Scott Came Back

Scott came back this weekend. He arrived about 7:30 last night and we watched The Godfather movie together after I got Bob to bed. It had been years since I had seen it. We actually missed parts of it since I watched parts of the new PBS show Need To Know too. They had an interview with Bill Clinton and I am once again impressed with his intelligence and the way he seems to be able to cut to the chase in his thinking.

I don't admire his morals but I certainly admire his brain.

Scott is in the living room watching TV with Bob this morning and I just let them enjoy one another's company. I just clued Scott in about Bob's surprise birthday party on the 23rd. Becky, his girlfriend, will be in Topeka that weekend doing her filming. I believe the party will be from 2:00 until 4:00 that afternoon. Leslie is planning it so I am not absolutely positive about the time.

It got down to 40 degrees here last night. The sun is shining and it will warm up some later on in the morning. Bob and Scott like to sit out on the patio and enjoy the flowers.

Speaking of the flowers, I cut about twenty branches off my peonies last night. They were laying on the ground. Each branch has about four huge flowers on it and the cages just can't contain that weight. They are gorgeous though.

I slept until 6:00 this morning and I slept well. That's the best night's sleep I had in weeks. When I awoke, Scott had helped Bob to get up and Bob was in the recliner in the living room. They were trying to be quiet so I would sleep.

I dressed and fixed their breakfast and got Bob settled in for the morning. Scott being here to distract him has his mind off his discomfort. That's good. I hope his meds have kicked in by now.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Happy Mother's Day, Margie. I know that life is difficult right now...just enjoy little moments with your family.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. We are doing fine thus far taking one day at a time.