Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday with Bob

I have already talked to Leslie this morning because she called on her way to work. Bob had a pretty fair night. I slept in the bed next to the hospital bed and was able to help him get to the bathroom three times...without an accident.

I got some sleep in between so I feel a lot better this morning.

He wanted to sit in the recliner this morning so he's in here in the living room. He's very drowsy and almost incoherent because of the medication but he ate a few bites of breakfast this morning. I had to feed him because he just can't manage that by himself. He dozes all the time even sitting in the recliner. But at least he's out of the bed.

Scott, our younger son, will be here in a little while. His first sergeant told him to come home even though he had no leave. He said he needed to be with his family during this time. So that will be some help. I need to go to the market and get some groceries. He can also clean the seeds out of my guttering while he's here and spread some weed and feed on my lawn, things I simply cannot get done right now.

I will update later.

11:30 AM

He was pretty good this morning until about 30 minutes ago. I gave him his two percocets then because he was getting uncomfortable. He doesn't like the effects of the meds. They dope him up so badly.

He finally came right out and asked me what the prognosis was this morning and I told him the nurse and aide were from Hospice. He was a little shocked about that but I told him about Karan's Hospice patient that has lived four years and told him they would just have to re-evaluate after six months.

That seemed to help.

He is back in bed now. Getting up in the recliner was just too much for him.

Vicky still has not called with the results of the PET scan.

She called a while ago to say the test had not come back and if it came tomorrow she would call me...either way, she will call me.

It has been a long day with lots of visitors. Our grandson dropped by and stayed forty five minutes. Another couple dropped by and brought us soup.

Another friend came by with blueberry cobbler and banana nut bread. What great friends! Scott cleaned out my gutters and fertilized the lawn. He also went to the market and fixed hamburgers on the grill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, So glad you got some rest and your son has arrived to help you, too. Sounds like you have some good friends and neighbors dropping in to check on you both. Try to take care of yourself and get all the rest you can. Thinking of you and praying for your family. Love, Judy

Margie's Musings said...

I do have some great friends. Without them and my children, I would really have felt completely alone.