Sunday, May 16, 2010

No Church on Sunday

I don't think we will be going to church today. For one thing, for the third night in a row I have not slept well. Bob is in no shape to try it either.

He sees his primary doctor again tomorrow and I will ask her for something to help me sleep. She offered last Wednesday but I didn't think I would need it. I may have been wrong. After we finished dinner last night he was completely wrung out. We dropped some videos off at Blockbuster and came right home. At 7:00 he had his morphine and at 7:00 he had his percocet. Then he was able to stay up and watch a movie showing in network cable. We went to bed at 9:30.

It's 4:00 AM now and it's raining again. I will have to bale the yard.

Bob woke this morning at 4:00 hurting badly and wanting some percocet. I had been awake most of the night so I got up and got him some and he went to the bathroom and back to bed. I was told to give him his meds on a regular schedule so at 6:30 I took in his morphine and gave that to him too. He came into the living room recliner and has been sleeping there ever since. I fixed him some scrambled eggs and bacon but couldn't wake him to eat so I have yet to give him his metformin for the diabetes. He only got one last evening. He managed to stay awake until 9:30 to watch a movie on TV. The Bourne "something"" I forget which one it was now. It is nearly 8:00 and he is still sleeping in the chair. I ate his breakfast so it didn't go to waste.)

So, no, I don't foresee that we will be able to go to church.

He only took one percocet at 9:20 this morning. He said he didn't need any more. He wanted some sherbet around 11:00 so I drove up to the Country Mart and bought some for him. He ate about one half cup. He seems to be better so far today. He is not sleeping so much and is instead watching the weather channel and dozing off and on.

More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and Bob, and I hope the meds keep the pain down.

FireTag

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you Firetag. I do too.