Friday, July 16, 2010

Alzheimers Unit

My brother-in-law called last night to say he had to have my sister taken to the emergency room again last night. My sister could no longer get up. Our doctor put her in the hospital. Perhaps they will transfer her to the Alzheimer's Unit of the nursing home from there. Also, they may be able to get her bladder infection under control there.

I will go up there mid morning to see her. Perhaps my brother-in-law can get some rest now that he won't be getting up a dozen of times in the night with her.

Tonight, if it doesn't rain, I may go to the Brown Mansion's ice cream social. The city band is playing too.


More later...

Well, I went to see my sister and she is even more confused if that is possible. My niece was there with her too. My brother-in-law had gone back to talk to Windsor Place to pay bills and get a haircut.

She really wanted to go home. We told her she needed to stay because of the bladder infection. I guess I will go back this evening.

3 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, your family has just had so much to deal with, but you just keep plugging along. I hope that things are a little easier for your brother and you.

Maybe you could relax a little about the house cleaning. I have to admit, I dust when I see dust, so you have inspired me in this department, too. You clean so often, and that makes me take a look around and think, well, Margie's cleaning again today, shouldn't I?

Margie's Musings said...

Ah Clairz, I am rather obsessive about my cleaning. I do it once a week. You should do it when you want to.

I am going over to the hospital now to see my sister.

Margie's Musings said...

My sister is not doing well. She wants to come home. My poor brother-in-law.