Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rain

Unfortunately, it rained yesterday and I missed the ice cream social. I also did not get my lawn mowed. I was leery of doing it when it was thundering and lightening for fear I would get struck.

I am going to attend a political meeting this afternoon at 2:00. Sometime before that, I will stop in to see my sister at the hospital.

And before that, as soon as I fed the animals, I took Slinky for a walk.

More later...

I went to look for garage sales but there was nothing much going on. When I got home, my brother-in-law came and visited for awhile. He is depressed over having to put my sister in the hospital and then in an Alzheimer's Unit on Monday. Poor guy. I suggested to him that we visit her once a day and then only for an hour or an hour and a half so she will cooperate with them better. She fought them yesterday over everything. She wants to go home. But my brother-in-law cannot handle her anymore. She can no longer walk.

I went to see her at 9:30 and stayed until 11:00. Then I came home. I will go to the political meeting at 2:00. Howard, the husband of the woman in charge is in the hospital for tests.

Phyllis' adjustment will take longer and she will continue to be unhappy as long as we are always there. She has to get used to the change and those kind of patients do not like change.

No comments: