Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cloudy Sunday

This is a cloudy windy day. I don't like the wind. It gets my allergies going. We had church this morning and Sue delivered a fine sermon. Afterward we went to El Publieto to eat out together..at least seven of us did. It was good and we enjoyed the fellowship.

Then I came home and did my letters and made my coleslaw. I will have Living the Questions tonight at Basham's in Cherryvale after a light supper. I will drive over to Maritt's and we will car pool over there. It's about 20 miles. I really don't like to go there. It's too far for an evening meeting. It's in the country too. I imagine the roads will be muddy.

I got the job..actually, it's a training position. I will be expected to look for work constantly. If I get hired, then the training position will be terminated. I got an e-mail from Aime last night telling me. I hope it works out. It's not much of an office. The room is about 12 X 12 and most of the room is taken up by a large desk, belonging to my supervisor and three or four file cabinets. I imagine I will be expected to work on my feet for my four hours. Mainly I am to be a file clerk. I start the 28th.

More later...

I went with Judy and Howard to Cherryvale for Living the Questions last night. We had dinner before viewing the video. Then we had discussion. It was o.k. I just prefer not to go to Cherryvale. I got home at 9:30, watched the last half of a TV show and went to bed at 10:00. I slept really well.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I do hope that you like the job. Please tell more as you begin working.It will be quite a change for you. Too bad that people on fixed incomes have to find work to supplement their income at our age. Have a nice Sunday afternoon. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I hope I like it. But even if I don't I must do some training if there's even a chance of finding work.

clairz said...

You know, Margie, my sister got a job like this and it turned out that they liked her so well they made the appointment permanent and waived the part where she was supposed to be looking for work elsewhere. She is adding new duties to the job all the time and really likes it. You never know where this will lead.

Congratulations on being hired!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair. Unfortunately, this program is only job training not an actual job and you can be released if you do not actively search for a job. There is a form that is turned in each second half of the month showing where you have inquired that month.