Saturday, February 19, 2011

Phyllis' Birthday

This is my sister's 78th birthday. Her younger daughter, Denise, Phyllis' husband, Bob, and I are going to throw her a party at 1:00. She probably won't know what's going on but we will. Denise has cupcakes for everyone, I have bought some ice cream cups and Bob has several cards for her. I bought her a new sweatshirt yesterday at Joplin. I gift wrapped it and taped my card to the outside. Who knows how many more birthdays she will have so we are celebrating this one.

I did a load of laundry this morning while watching the weather channel on TV. The weather has been really nice. Yesterday morning before I went to clean the church, I cleaned up one of my flower beds. The bulbs are up two inches in that one. I cut the peonies to the ground too. I also cut back the clematis. If it is halfway nice this morning after the sun comes up, I will prune back my miniature rose bush. Unfortunately, it's supposed to get down in the 20's at night next week.

When that happens, Slinky will have to come back in the kitchen at night. Drat! I really want to wax that floor or put some sort of sealer on it. Slinky makes a real mess on it. He drools and he tracks in mud. Last year the floor started looking kind of worn so I waxed it. But now the natural finish on it is gone and it has to be waxed to look like anything. If I can put some sort of sealer on it, that will restore the shine.

More later...

I did some raking before I went to Windsor. I also pruned the crepe myrtle. Then I took the ice cream cups over to Windsor so they could be put in their freezer.

At about 1:00 I went over there. they brought Phyllis into her room where Bob and Denise and I met with her and shared her birthday cards and gifts. Then Denise fed her some ice cream. I taped her birthday cards on the wall behind her bed. Then I labeled her new shirt and the throw that Denise made for her. She cried a lot. I think it was just too much for her that we were all there at the same time. After about an hour, Denise and I left and left Bob there to visit with her. After he left they were going to let her take a nap in her bed.

I came back home and was sitting in the recliner working with the sounds on my cell phone and Missy, my cat, was lying on my lap. Suddenly she reached up and bit me on the wrist. It brought blood. I would say she did not like the sounds on my cell phone. I put peroxide on it and a band aid.

2 comments:

marlu said...

Margie, I am so sorry that Slinky bit you! Years ago one of our dogs thought I was trying to take away what he was eating. I thought it was a paper plate and it was a pizza crust. I got nipped. Very scary. We had four Great Danes at different times and they were all wonderful, but Beau was protecting his snack!

Margie's Musings said...

Slinky didn't bite me, Marlu. Missy, my cat, bit me.