Sunday, May 29, 2011

Really Windy Sunday

I hope this wind doesn't stir up rain. There's none in the forecast. Wind does really stir up my allergies though. I have been trying to sit out on my patio where the flowers are in bloom and the animals are enjoying the day. I have them fed and watered and my oatmeal eaten (my four tablespoons). Slinky gets the rest of it. It's so funny how much that dog enjoys oatmeal...even though he has to eat it slowly because it is hot right out of the microwave. He gobbles down his dog food.

I will go to church shortly. I preach today. I don't really call it preaching. It's more like "speaking". I'm not much on "preaching" at people. Afterward some of us will go eat out together. That always extends the fellowship. I have the new directories to distribute today.

This afternoon, as usual, I will get my letters ready to send out. They won't go out until Tuesday this week because of the Monday holiday. I need to get gas today or at least in the next day or two. I am very low.

I also need to clean out my carburetor on my mower. I don't know whether I can just use some additive that I can add to the gas or if I have to actually get the carburetor off then blow it out. I will ask someone (probably my son-in-law, John)at church. It would be neat and easy if I could just add some cleaner to the gas.

My brother-in-law has a problem with his mower. It won't run smoothly. So he can't mow. He's going to have to have his yard mowed since it needs it badly right now. I wish we had kept the mower trailer we had in Independence. I could take mine over there and let him use it. But I don't so that's all there is to it. He will be by in a couple of hours to pick me up for church.

More later...

John said it was the governor on my mower and not the carburetor. He said it would not hurt it to use it like it is. That was good to know.

4 comments:

Betty said...

I needed gas yesterday, but only got a few gallons. I'm betting the prices will drop at least a little after Monday, then I can fill 'er up.
Maybe.

Margie's Musings said...

I hope you're right, Betty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Gas prices have dropped some here. I mowed on Saturday. It really needed it. Seems to me lawn mowers are always needing something. Mine is a push mower but self propelled and I have a big yard. It wears me out to do it. I may have to start hiring someone if it gets much hotter here. First rain for weeks and now 90s. My garden stuff looks horrible. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

patsy said...

hello margie I got to thinking about you. i hadn't had you comment in a while, which is fine cause I don't comment either but I though has margie died? I am glad you are still around to keep us on the stright and narrow. patsy