Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another Busy Thursday

I worked today trying to find all the past receipts for gasoline. I had to search through all kinds of invoices. I have done this for two weeks now...terribly tedious but very time consuming...so I don't care.

Then I came home to pay Richard for Jeff's work. I called to find out how much I owe for the soffit work and it included materials so I am looking at $969.25. Add that to the $591.59 I paid earlier and it just about took all the $2,000 I withdrew for the work. But the house looks nice. When I get my part of it done, it will really look good.

I have a meeting at the SRS office this afternoon at 3:30 with the committee that is planning our PINCH basket dinner. In the meanwhile, I guess I'll try to clean in my garage. That's one of my projects.

Richard came just as I got it started and so I visited with him awhile and paid him. Then I came in to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I'll get back to it in a minute.

I have a PINCH committee meeting at 3:30.

My older son is in Qatar now waiting to go to Iraq. I'd appreciate any prayers and thoughts for him and his wife, Esther.

I went to Wal Mart, something that is against my religion, and bought some hose hangers to get our hose off the garage floor. I also bought some banker's boxes that have lids. When I recuperate from what I have been doing, I will put them together, put the garage sale stuff I have in the garage in them to keep the stuff clean and stack the boxes. The garage floor is clean now. Another hour or so and I would have it looking halfway presentable.

Unfortunately, I have a meeting in 35 minutes.

After the meeting, I worked until 7:30 on the garage and put together some of the banker's boxes and wrapped everything breakable in paper and stacked the boxes. It looks a lot neater now.

Keith W. came by and I picked out the material for the patio roof. They will order it this week but I want to get the painting done before they put the new roof on the patio. I intend to paint on Saturday the 11th...starting early. They will take the old roof off on the 10th so I can paint all sides of the boards. Then they will put the new roof on the following week. Keith W. is going to bring the leftover swing paint to me so I can paint the trim on the house. There's only one board on the patio framework that gets that trim paint. Then I will do the shutters in front and the trim on the garage door. It should be pretty. I will have to paint early morning and late afternoon though. It was 90 degrees today.

When I get it finished, I will take some photos and post them here on the blog.

4 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Hi Margie,

I've never been to your site before, but I've seen your name in many of the comment sections of blogs that I visit. Just thought I'd stop by....and I'll be saying a prayer for your son and his wife; that he'll stay safe and healthy while he's in Iraq, and that he'll be home as soon as possible. Take care Margie... ~Joy

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks so much, Joy. I really appreciate that.

ChuckFu said...

Got a meeting tonight at 1230 might be leaving at 2:30am, spoke with some people they say I will probably have my own room with internet, Esther appears to be doing fine, missing me of cource but has the support of the kids and work to keep her busy

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for checking in, Keith. That all sounds good. Do you think you will have air conditioning?