Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another Dead Day

Another day with nothing to do. If this doesn't end soon I will just have to give up the training job. I'm not getting any training this way anyhow.

I've had computer problems...actually it's Cox Communications problems. I couldn't get online and a few minutes ago I called the tech and after fooling around for awhile he got me back online...for about ten or fifteen minutes. Then it went down again. I did the same things I did with him on the phone and eventually it came back up. To get the desktop to come back up I had to reboot through. I have no idea how long this will last this time. They are sending a tech out to look everything over tomorrow afternoon sometime between 1:00 and 3:00.

It's 98 degrees here and its supposed to be 105 tomorrow.

More later....

My internet was off most of the afternoon. They won't come until tomorrow after 1:00 so if it goes off again, I'm stuck. Television is terrible.

I tried to take my laptop up to McDonald's where there is a hotspot but it seems my son fixed it so it doesn't recognize any other router but mine. I could get it to even pick up McDonald's signal.

Oh well..

Keith W. called awhile ago. He discovered that the lumber yard had not delivered my roofing for the patio. I told him I was aware of that and that I felt I was being jerked around by the roofer. It has been months now. My mistake was paying him before he had the job completed. I trusted him to do that right thing and I was evidently wrong.

Keith is going to pick up the roofing himself and bring it out and put it on...he says tomorrow. I'll wait to see before I celebrate. I've believed these folks too many times and now I have lost faith in them.

Later in the evening....

Keith W. just came by and called me. He was in my back yard bringing my roofing. The lumber yard had delivered it one block up on Cortez instead of here. He said he and Vincent would be here early tomorrow morning before it got too hot, to put it on. It's supposed to be 105 tomorrow.

Good for Keith! He and Joyce have really taken care of me. It's taken awhile but it may finally be happening.

5 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh, Margie...I was hoping that you would have more work to do. It must be so boring to have to sit there...with no work. Can you take some handiwork along? Probably not. I had a friend who made out her Christmas cards at work, when it was slow.
We are due for very hot weather too.I love summer, but not this heat. Take care, Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I have read from time to time but I feel that I shouldn't on the job. Trouble is...there absolutely nothing to do.

Anonymous said...

That would drive me crazy, too. I would be pacing the floor like an animal. When I was working and got done early they would let me go home because I think I drove them crazy when I had nothing to do. lol. So glad you are getting your roof done. I mowed again yesterday because it was in the 80s here. It had just been mowed on Friday but we are supposed to get those hot temps. all this weekend and next week and I can't stand to push that thing when it is that hot. Hope you have a good 4th.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. You too. In fact, all of you that read this have a good time on the holiday!

Max Boughner said...

Oh, an empty day can be very annoying! Hmm, about that roofers, you should pay them half their asking price before the work. Pay them the other half after they finish their work. That way, they would be more likely to do well with their work. Be sure to hire a reputable roofer, though. There lots of good roofers out there. You just have to be keen in choosing.

Max Boughner