Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Again


We had a huge day yesterday. Four of our party traveled in Bob A.'s car and twelve more in a rented van to Branson to see the musical production of "Noah". It was a spectacular all right although it certainly was not my theology, I consider the story of Noah in the Bible to be myth and not an actual true story. A myth is a story with a truth behind it. The Adam and Eve story is also a myth. But it has a great truth behind it. Anyhow, "Noah" was quite a production. The day was exhausting. We stopped at Crackerbarrel just outside Joplin Missouri at 11:30 that morning for breakfast/lunch and then went on into Joplin to view the tornado damage and then on to Branson from there.

That tornado damage was terrible. There's just this huge swath of damage about a mile wide and several miles long right through the center of Joplin. We arrived in Branson about thirty minutes before the show started at 3:30. It ran until 6:30. Then we went to a steakhouse for dinner. It took them an hour to get us our dinner and then the better part of another to eat and pay and get back on the road. We got back to Coffeyville about 11:15. I took a quick bath and went to bed. I posted the photos this morning. The first two were taken at Branson at the theater. That's our entire group. The one with the grandmother and her daughter in law and grandchildren is second. Two were taken that morning at the Crackerbarrel and the bottom one is Bob A. with Cyndi and Bobby M. The top one is Cyndi kidding around with Bob A.

I awoke as early as usual and then Scott called and we visited for a little while before I took a shower and washed my hair. It had been three days and my hair gets curlier and curlier the longer between shampoos. Ugh!

Anyhow, Slinky seemed to be alright. He must have slept in the shed where I put his bedding. He began barking just about the time I got dressed so I hurried in and fed him before he awoke the neighborhood with his barking. There's a thirty percent chance of rain today and I'm not sure what to do with him.

I'm supposed to attend the Living the Questions group tonight as Bashams but I think I will just skip it. They live in rural Cherryvale and I really do not want to drive to Cherryvale tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Great looking group there and looks like fun. I always find trips tiring anymore. Guess it is just my age. My girls and I spent the day together shopping yesterday and I was worn out at the end of the day. It is raining here and very cool for June but enjoying the cool weather. Have a great week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Judy! It was great fun! Wish you could have been with us.