Sunday, December 11, 2011

Strange Sunday

I went up to the hospital at 7:00 and Dr. Balson was ready to release Bob but his Dr., Dr. Allen, wanted to wait and do it himself. Dr. Allen got there about 10:15 and Bob called me at Sunday School and asked me to come get him. They were doing his paperwork. I got there about 10:30 and he was all dressed except for his shirts. They still had the EKG hooked up and the IV still in. I waited another 20 miniutes and then went to the desk and asked them if there was someone who could get those off him so he could finish dressing. Soon they sent a nurse down and she did it. He finished dressing and we waited...and waited...and waited. Finally at 11:15 I went back to the desk and asked if there was some paperwork he needed to sign to get out. They agreed he did and said the nurse was getting it ready at that time. About 11:36 she finally showed up with the paperwork. I got him home about 11:45, We met the kids and Phyllis F. for lunch at an Italian restaurant. I had figured they were going to hold Bob at the hospital until noon and then charge Medicare for another day.

I came home and got my letters done and then went to Windsor Place for the support group meeting. We arrived at 2:30 and we left about 3:45 and Bob picked me up at home before leaving for the cookie exchange. We had a good time and got a lot of different cookies to bring home. I put mine in the cookie jar.

Then I let Slinky in the house and fed him and Missy. He is asleep now. I took my bath and put my PJ's on and I have my laptop computer on my lap (along with Missy) and am watching 60 Minutes.

What a day!

Tomorrow I am going to go alone to Bartlesville to get this basal cell carcinoma taken off. Bob A. is to get an appointment with the heart doctor for tomorrow. Then Tuesday morning he is to have a stress test and that afternoon his BGD test. I will take him for that test and bring him home here until his head clears. If all that gets done by 5:00, I will go to the library board meeting. If not, I have already told Jennifer I may not be there.

No comments: