Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

This is my 77th birthday and for the first time, I received no birthday cards from my children. You know you are truly old when your children forget you. To be honest though, I did get a nice plant, a Christmas cactus, from my daughter....but no card. This is also the first time none of my children are here to celebrate it with me. My sons are in Hawaii and Arizona and my daughter went to a train show with her husband. Of course, I am feeling sorry for myself. Oh well... life is short. Bob is going to take me out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants today after church so it's not like we are not going to celebrate. I wasn't entirely forgotten. :)

Let's face it. It's just another day.

More later...

More happened then I thought. My brother-in-law brought me a beautiful card and my good friend, Bill, also brought me a card with a lovely sentiment, a kindle book and a DVD with my favority actor Morgan Freeman. I spoke way too soon.

Tonight I will go to the Living the Questions group at Jack and Marilyn's home. That will be neat.

I spent the afternoon doing my regular letters and getting them out on the mailbox.

We had a lovely lunch at noon and seven of our church friends joined us. We had a good time.

Then later in the afternoon my grandson, Jerod called and wished me a Happy Birthday. My son,Scott, told him about my birthday, I know. Anyhow, that was good of him.

10 comments:

marlu said...

Happy Birthday, Margie! Same thing happened to my husband. He was 82 in Nov. The sons called but no cards! (Are their wives supposed to do that?)

Hope your day is grand!

marlu said...

Happy Birthday, Margie! Same thing happened to my husband. He was 82 in Nov. The sons called but no cards! (Are their wives supposed to do that?)

Hope your day is grand!

ChuckFu said...

Now mom, you know you not getting younger when you forget the conversation we had yesterday afternoon that your card was on the way. Love you very much

ChuckFu said...

Now mom, you know you not getting younger when you forget the conversation we had yesterday afternoon that your card was on the way. Love you very much

Balisha said...

Happy Birthday Margie...

Hope your day is full of joy.
Balisha

Sylvia K said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Margie!! Celebrate and enjoy! I'm willing to bet that it will turn out to be a great day! We actually don't need any other people to do that!! I'll be 80 on my next birthday and it's coming up -- and I try to celebrate every day!!

Margie's Musings said...

You're right, ChuckFu. I did forget! Sorry to be so hard on you, son. :)

Monica said...

Margy,

Happy Birthday! Sometimes I forget to send my mom's card until it's too late to get it there on the day of, but at least she gets it within a three or four day window. She and I celebrated my birthday on Saturday-- almost a month early! I'm not that good at navigating the internet. I happened on a blog of yours from 2010 (http://margymuses.blogspot.com/2010/08/folk-art-paintings.html) that has beautiful pictures, but I can't figure out who the artists are. I'd love to know! Perhaps you can post the answer. Thanks,
Monica

Betty said...

Happy Birthday, Margie! Glad you had a good day after all.

Margie's Musings said...

I can't help you there since that is not my blog. I'm sorry, Monica.