Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Better Tuesday

Today may be a better day. I slept well last night and although I woke up twice, I got back to sleep and slept until 6:00. That's a record for me lately.

I got my two cakes baked last evening and Bob M. and Phyllis F. brought by theirs by last night. Then Bob A. brought his over. It was still warm so he did not ice it. I will ice it this morning. He stayed and we watched the old movie on DVD called The Shoes of the Fisherman. I consider it a classic. He seemed to enjoy it too. It starred Anthony Quinn. I checked and it was a 1969 movie.

Today I will take the cakes to Independence about 9:00. My hair appointment is at 10:00. Then I will come home and fix potatoes and veggies for dinner. Bob will bring his chicken. He bought that for Sunday's dinner at church...the one that was cancelled because of the snow and ice. So we will eat some of it today and then have our leftover meatloaf tomorrow before his move.

We had our chicken and it was good. I watched a TV movie in the afternoon and then discovered Bob was packing by himself. Denise evidently forgot she told him she would help. I volunteered to pack the kitchen and I spent the next two hours doing that. He packed the bedroom and guest room. movie Then he came over and we watched the DVD that Karan and Bobby loaned us. He went home about 8:30. Tomorrow night he will spend in the rental house. The mover comes tomorrow afternoon. He will come over in the morning about 7:00 for biscuits and coffee and afterward we will go finish packing before the mover comes. I still have about a third of the kitchen to do.

We will have leftover meatloaf and fried potatoes tomorrow noon before the mover comes at 1:30.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

I still remember how we came to see that movie the first time, I bought and still have it, what a movie

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is, Keith. I told Bob A. about our experience too.