Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Mission Center Conference

Today Leslie and I are leaving for Springfield Missouri for our Mission Center Conference. We will be back tomorrow afternoon. I am all packed and ready to go. Missy, my cat, sees the suitcase and is suspicious. She hates it when I go off and leave her even for a day. I will ask Bob to check on her. She likes him as much as she likes anyone. She really doesn't like anyone but me and she doesn't like me much but I am her staff.

If she hates the trip today just wait until I leave for a week to go to Hawaii. She will really be unhappy then.

I will leave in about 30 minutes for my hair appointment in Independence. I will be back by 8:00. We have exercises from 9:00 until 10:00.

I didn't sleep too well last night. I awoke at 2:00 AM and it was off and on from then on.

I am hoping to recruit staff for the next summer's camp this weekend while a lot of people are at the conference. I would really like to combine the two camps and have it in June. June is when the short camp is held. It is cooler. I think we only need one camp. When I attempted to recruit staff for the camp I directed last year which is held in July, I found many people had gone to the short June camp and were not going to attend the July one. July is very hot in Missouri. I am taking my material to this conference in hopes I can begin getting staff early. I got staff early last year but unfortunately four people had to back out...some of them at almost the last minute. It was very difficult to get replacements at that time. I was stressed over it.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a safe trip, Margie. I hope you get your camp staff. It's so hard now days to get people to help. Everyone is so busy.
Poor Missy doesn't know what's coming.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

No she doesn't. :)

She'll survive thought. :)

You're right about that though. Everyone wants a camp and they want their children to be there but most don't want to have to help.

May Ann Francisco said...

Visiting here...Hoping for the success of your conference...

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Cutella. Come back again.