Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Again

Well, I missed posting on Saturday. We didn't get back from the conference until 5:30 and I was exhausted after all that sitting. It began at 8:30am and ended at 3:00 with two breaks...one for snacks and one for lunch. My bottom hurt all the way home.... another two and a half hours of sitting. I tried to stay up so I would sleep well but went to bed at 8:30 last night.

I saw a lot of people I knew and had some chance to visit with some of them during the breaks. Leslie and I talked to the Mission Center president about shortening the camp this year. Six days is too much for many in the first week in July. It is usually too hot. So we suggested shortening it to a Saturday through Tuesday and breaking camp on Wednesday. We think that will fly. We will run it by some of the teachers and see what they think. Combining the two camps in June, which was the original thought, would be impracticable. Both camps filled all the cabins in their week of camp. The June camp is only Wednesday through Sunday. Ours would be Saturday through Wednesday in July. We will see. As soon as we learn if that is acceptable, I will start trying to recruit teachers and staff.

We did agree to hire a couple of youth ministers for the Mission Center. We have over half a million dollars in our reserve fund and we are the largest Mission Center in the church. We need to bring a special kind of ministry for youth. Many churches are losing their youth. Ours is no exception.

After church this morning we will eat out at noon as usual...probably at El Pueblo. Then Bob and I will go to Windsor to help celebrate Jack's birthday at 2:00. Marilyn is not up to doing the Living the Question group tonight too. So we will postpone it another week. If no one else wants to do it, I will do it here on Sunday the 3rd of November.

So this evening I will watch Sixty Minutes and whatever football game precedes it. Sometime before that, I will have to get my letters done.

More later....

No comments: