Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Morning

I never got around to blogging yesterday. First I got my hair done in Independence then Bob and I went to exercise class and after that we left for Owasso to Olive Garden. When I got home I tried to get my Outlook program on the desktop computer to work. I failed and Cox tells me it will cost a minimum of $59.95 to have them come out to repair it.

I did something stupid when I was cleaning up my My Documents file on Thursday. I deleted a data file for Outlook. I wasn't aware I needed it since it was a data file in My Documents. Then when Outlook wouldn't open yesterday evening, I realized I needed that file for Outlook to work so I restored it. Unfortunately it restored as a compressed file and now Outlook cannot find it. I tried to repair it and only ended up with another Outlook program that also could not find that data file. So now, not only can I not print from the laptop because it has lost it's ability to do that but now I have no Outlook mail program to send my needed   mail material to at  the desktop from the laptop. I will have to call Cox and spend the money to get everything going again. Computers!  Really, there's nothing wrong with the computers. It's the idiot that is trying to use them.

Anyhow, yesterday we drove to Owasso while the weather was nice and ate at Olive Garden. Then we walked around the shopping center and Bob did some shopping while the big sales were going on and bought two new shirts.  I didn't buy anything but my lunch. I don't really need anything for winter. I am anxious to get into spring.

When we got home I worked some more on the camp staffing.  Later on that evening Bob came over to watch the reruns of The Big Bang Theory with me. He went home about 8:00 and I stayed up and tried my best to get that Outlook program going. Obviously, I failed. I finally gave up at 9:00 and went to bed.  I slept well until 4:00 or so but then I simply could not get back to sleep so I just got up.

I believe it is raining now.. I heard thunder awhile ago.

We will go to breakfast at 6:45...rain or no rain.

More later. .....

We had our breakfast and later the rest of our chili at noon. This morning I cleaned house. It had been a couple of days past a week. I have Living the Questions group here tomorrow evening. I will bake a dessert tomorrow afternoon. It has rained all day and we needed the rain but it sure makes for a dull day.

Bob will come over later this evening and we will have our glass of wine and some cookies and watch TV is there's anything on worth watching..

2 comments:

Linda said...

Personally, I use a web based e-mail...GMail, actually, as I cannot stand Outlook. You have a very nice blog. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Linda. I was not aware gmail was any more then an internet address within Outlook