Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Eye Appointment

Leslie will be by about 8:00 to take me to Joplin for my appointment with the doctor who may do my eyelid surgery. I did not want to go back to the doctor in Wichita to get this right one done. I really couldn't tell he did much with the left one three years ago. It still droops badly.  I don't suppose Medicare would pay to have that one done over.  I hope to get this done before the 21st when I have my training session for another job with SER Corporation.  If I can't get it done before then, I will have to take off work to get it done in June.  I hate to do that with a brand new job. 

Anyhow, I just checked on Bob He is having a dizzy spell. I will be gone today so if he has a problem he will have to call 911. He intends to go to the dentist this morning about his socket. He thinks he has a dry socket. It has ached badly for a week now.. He is taking Tylenol every six hours and has all week.

I awoke about 11:30 to a very hot house. I tried coming in to the sofa in the living room where I have a ceiling fan but I couldn't get back to sleep there. Finally I decided to just bite the bullet and turn on the air conditioning. At least it cooled the apartment so the freon did not leak out over the winter months. I awoke at 4:00 and the place was very cool. The air came on while I was lying there. I finally got up and checked. The thermostat was set on 72 but the temperature said it was 68 in here. I turned it up to 75. So far it hasn't come back on.. 

Missy wanted out this morning again and I let her out for awhile but she wanted to round the corner and roam so I made her come back in. I had to pick her up and carry her back in since she wouldn't come when I called her. She hissed and spit at me all the way.  I am fearful of what other cat might be out there and she has suffered enough after the cat fight she got into last year. I will not let her roam around out there.

More later...

Leslie and I went on to Joplin this morning and learned that my problem is not my eyelids. It's my eyebrows. They are supposed to be above the bone over the eyes and mine are not. Mine are too low and let the lids droop. The doctor wants me to have both eyebrows lifted and that will allow the eyelids to lift too. To do that I have to return to my optometrist and have the visual field test done over and this time for both eyes. 

I will do that Wednesday at 8:30 and then Dr. Burch will make an analysis of the results and make a recommendation. They have to have an independent analysis in order for Medicare to pay..

After the appointment we ate at the Olive Garden.  Then we came back home.

I went out to Wal Mart to get some stones and Miracle Grow and dirt to build another flowerbed.  It's too hot to do that right now but I will get it done when it cools down.

No comments: