Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday and Elections

Today will be election day at church. We have a guest minister coming to do the business meeting. I intend to nominate the same three women for pastors again.  I served ten years and am too busy now and too old  to come up with anything new. The congregation needs young blood.  Our church has no paid staff and we elect our pastors from the elders.  Congregations also elect all the other officers.  We consider it service for our congregation.

I fought Missy all night and also this morning over the Christmas tree. Every chance she got, she ended up under that tree on the tree skirt. Finally, at 3:00 this morning, I took the tree skirt away.  She had removed several ornaments too.  I had to find the hooks to replace them. Darn cat!

I lost a dear friend last night. I had known Doug since my Bob and I moved to Caney in 1969. Doug was only 62 years old.  He had a very aggressive brain tumor. They were only able to get 80% of it in the surgery and it continued to grow. Then he threw a blood clot and had to have another surgery to insert a screen of some kind to keep it from getting to his heart or lung. That stopped all treatment although there really wasn't much hope he could overcome all that trauma anyhow.  He will be missed...that's for sure.  I feel so sorry for the wonderful wife he had and his family. They live outside of Oklahoma City so I will not be able to attend any service they will have for him.

I went to bed at 8:30 last night. I had worked at the library all morning to make up for the loss of Thanksgiving Day.  All I could do was shelf reading and that is exhausting. There  is no opportunity to sit down  and my leg was really aching last night. Before I went to bed, I took two Aleve.  That helped a lot.

I imagine we will eat out with our guests this morning after church. We usually take them to the Mexican restaurant in Independence.

More later....


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Maybe your work would be easier if you divided up the day in segments. Not doing one task the entire time. You are earning your money there.

I am so glad you remind the youngsters of the quiet tone for the library. Our local library has really changed over the 45 years I have been going there. Now I see lots of poor folks when I am there. I don't go at time the school age teens would come by as usually I visit earlier. These patrons are not checking out books. They are waiting in line to use the computer. I read a letter to the editor complaining about this fact. I think what we need to understand is that libraries are here to fill a need. Forty years ago, I took my children so I did not have to buy all the books they should be reading and ones I wanted to read. I never relished buying even the books I wanted to read. Usually reading a book one time is all I want! But these poorer patrons who want to use the computer are the new population our libraries need to serve is my belief. If we were all rich, we would not need the library.

This may sound crude to you, but even the young people there is better that going places where they are not supervised at all. If they were not in a public domain probably more than smooching would be going on!

I check on you everyday. My old sister has passed. When I saw your need for a tv, I wanted to try and find your address and send you one.

Keep your Blog going. It helps fill my day! I sure hope you will pace yourself so you can keep this job and get that Honda paid for. I think about running a race, the important thing is to finish, not always be first!

Lots of people care about you Margie! My God send blessings your way!