Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday's Library Open House

Today I will work 6 hours instead of 4. They are having an Open House to celebrate their remodeling from 4:00 - 7:00PM.  Katie wants me to make sure the refreshment table is full. Those hours may be exhausting because I am used to four hours. After 4 hours on my feet I usually am pretty wiped out.

Yesterday, I cleaned two huge bookcases by moving everything off them and using a furniture cleaner/polisher on them. I rearranged all the stuff on those shelves.  I also filed the newspapers for the week. I did some shelf reading and also put away the DVDs that Paula couldn't finish. I did some filing for Joy. I boxed some books up and filled the rotating rack with paperbacks in the lobby.  I don't know what they intend to do with all that "stuff" they have stacked in that back room.  I should only be in this location for a year if Amy can find me another location for my last year.  I enjoy the work but the "mess" drives me nuts.

I will fix a tuna noodle casserole for lunch today. Bob will bring cottage cheese and I will put paprika on it. He usually likes applesauce on it but I don't have any right now.   I am going to walk down to the Dollar General Store after it opens to get my cream of celery soup for the casserole.  Maybe I'll pick some up then.

I slept well again last night. I was scanning through the channels on my new TV last night and ran into "A Christmas Carol" so I stayed up to watch it.  It's not the same one I have but it was fine. I got to bed at 9:00. Going to bed later always helps me to sleep.

It may snow today. Yesterday it rained and then sleeted and when I got off work my windshield was iced over. But it wiped right off because of the Rain X on the windshield. But it was a mess.

More later....
 I got home at 7:15 and was really tired.  I stayed up until 9:00 and then went to bed.

1 comment:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that the open house goes well for you and that you are not wiped out afterwards! Have a Merry Christmas : )