Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday and Springfield

Today sometime this afternoon, I will go with my daughter to Springfield for Mission Center Conference.  We will leave sometime this afternoon as soon as Leslie can get away,  She will call me when she leaves the office.

My daughter-in-law, who is also a nurse anesthetist, is concerned about my occasional bouts of aching between my shoulder blades and dull pressure feeling in my chest, and called me last night and wanted me to see my doctor about it. I don't think it is anything serious (just old age) but I did get an appointment with my doctor at 11:30 today and maybe he can make an assessment. My blood pressure  is fine at 138/68 and my heart rate is 65. I have plenty of energy so I cannot believe it is anything but the mileage. But I will humor her. She is a sweetheart.

I finished my book this morning. I re-read "All the Presidents Men". It sounds very much like today's politics ...and still the mode of operation of the Republican party.  I regret having to be a registered Republican but in Kansas, that's the only way one can vote in the primaries. Democrats generally don't run anyone. It such a deeply Republican state.

I intended to cook some hamburgers today but Bob is suggesting that I eat out with him at El Peublito instead. I have already thawed the hamburger so I may just cook it and send two home with him and take one over to Marilyn.  We will see.

I need to go to the library and pick up a book that's in for me and also pick one up at the dentist office that Paula has offered to lend to me.

More later...

I got both books and Bob is reading one of them and I am reading the other.  I will take the one about the Mullendore Murder case with me to Springfield.

I did go to the doctor this morning at 11:30 and had an EKG and a good exam. He determined the EKG was no different from the one I had in 2008. He also does not think I was having heart problems...only tired. But if I have any additional symptoms, he will have me repeat the stress test I had when Melissa was my doctor. My blood pressure was 136/68 and my heart rate was 65. Sounds good..and better safe than sorry.  I contacted my daughter-in-law with the results and Scott, my younger son, called to check it out.

I went ahead and cooked those three hamburgers and Bob took two of them home for his supper. He will give the other one to Marilyn for her supper.  It is in the frig now.  She is gone for now.

Leslie will get off work at 3:00 and will be here by 3:30 from Independence.  I will not get back to the blog until Sunday.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Having family that care about you is wonderful. I think you got a gem in that ne dil.

Astrid is a special girl. I pray daily for our Lord to protect from the evil in he world.

Galla Creek said...

New daughter in law!

Can't type!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If you have the mulindor murder case I would love to read it after you're done send it to me please

Margie's Musings said...

I will send you a copy. I borrowed this one from the receptionist in my dentist office.