Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Huge Weekend and a Huge Sunday Too

This has been a huge weekend. Leslie picked me up about 3:30 on Friday and we drove to Springfield and checked into our hotel.  Then we went looking for the movie wewanted to see. It didn't begin until 9:30 so we just ate a small milkshake at Steak and Shake and went back to the hotel and watched TV until bedtime.

Then the next morning after we had a light breakfast at the hotel, we went on to Chapel for Peace, which is our church in Springfield.  We saw and visited a lot of people we both know and Leslie went to her campgrounds board meeting.  I sat in on it. Afterward, the Conference began. It was quite a good conference. Leslie and I were both voted to be delegates to the week long World Conference in June.  This will be the first time they will hold it in June. Many teachers will be able to attend this year. 

Then last evening we drove home. I read some on the book I had borrowed but couldn't keep my eyes open to finish it.

Missy was not all that happy that I was home. She wanted to go outside and pestered the living daylights out of me to do so. Bob had come over to take care of her food and water while I was gone and to empty her litter box but he evidently did not let her out. 

I went to bed at 10:00 and slept well.

Today I will make my coffeecake to take to church, I will pick up Bob at 9:00 and go out there. After church, we will undoubtedly eat somewhere out with the group of eight. Then I will come home and do my congregational letters and fix something for the Living the Questions group this evening at Mona's. At 5:15, I will pick up Gary and Bob and we will go up to rural Independence where they live. Then we will have dinner before we watch the video and have our discussions.  I hope I can get all that done today.

More later...

The coffeecake was very good and it was all eaten. I came home  after dinner at El Pueblo and did my newsletters and then made a tuna noodle casserole for the dinner at Richard and Mona's.  I picked up Bob and Gary and drove out there for the group meeting. We have a good discussion and Gary, who is isolated because he has no car,  really enjoyed it.

Marilyn called. She was back to Colorado after visiting Turkey and Grease.  Hopefully she will be back in Coffeyville tomorrow. She said she would meet Joyce and Karan and me for breakfast on Thursday.

When I got home I stowed the rest of the tuna noodle casserole in the frig in a smaller casserole dish. We will finish it off today for lunch.  The I watched a little TV after my bath and then Missy and I went to bed about 10:00.

No comments: