Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday and Housecleaning day and Laundry

I didn't sleep so well last night. I was upset about the way the meeting went last night. After we watched the video on the compassion of Jesus, and had a little bit of discussion, Marilyn began to read Spong's remarks about the Paris terrorist attack. Mona exploded. She ranted for quite awhile about what was so much more terrible about the Paris terrorist attacks then the bombings of Iraq and Syria. Marilyn L. just gave up the effort. Mona is Egyptian and therefore looks at the political situation here differently than most Americans do. But the mood was ruined. Her husband also has a brain tumor and he makes some pretty irrational remarks too. So the entire discussion of the Living the Questions video was dropped.  I considered the evening a fiasco. I had invited my neighbor, Marilyn R, and I was glad at that point that she did not accept my invitation this time.

I want to talk to Marilyn L and Karan about what they think we should do about the meetings. Perhaps it is time to give them up. Bobby has this terrible virulent brain tumor and is actually living on borrowed time. I'm sure Karan is having a time trying to deal with that and if he isn't, it's a miracle.

So anyhow, I just got up at 4:50 and stripped my bed and began the laundry. I will make up my face and go in and have some breakfast. Maybe I can figure this all out after I eat.

More later...

I discussed the situation with my brother-in-law this morning.  He suggested we might recess the classes until spring to get us through the holidays and the winter.  We'll consider that but I want to talk to both Marilyn L and Karan before we do anything different. I'll see Marilyn L. at 3:00 this afternoon.  And then I'll try to talk to Karan about it after that.

In the meantime, I have begun my housecleaning. I have the dining room the kitchen and the bathroom done and have just finished the den. I will do my bedroom next and then the living room. I got the bed remade after that load of laundry was finished. The towels and Missy's mat is in the dryer now.

More later...

O.K. I've finished my housecleaning and laundry now and am just relaxing now and checking my e-mail.  It's only 10:00 so I have plenty of time until lunch. I have our chili going now in the slow cooker. The table is set and everything else is ready too. I have washed my new jeans wrong side out and in cold water like they suggested on the label. They would fade all over everything if I didn't do that. They are in the dryer now.

We had our chili for lunch and then I took some over to Marilyn R, across the way. 

I did visit Marilyn and she does not want to even give up the group for the winter.. She says we are a support group for one another and of course, she's right.  Then I went to see Bobby and Karan and they agreed with Marilyn and do not want to give it up either. They are trying, despite the odds, to keep their lives as "normal" as possible.

I came home in time to meet Bob coming over. He stayed until 7:00 and then had the rest of the apple brown betty with me. When he went home, I took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner until 9:00 when I went to bed.

No comments: