Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Big Saturday

Bob and I went to breakfast at Sirloin Stockade as usual this morning. Afterward I came home and read awhile and then started dinner. We had our leftover tuna cakes and fried potatoes and salad and broccoli. We had pudding and cookies for dessert.  After that, I went back out to church and finished putting ornaments on the new Christmas tree Leslie and I worked on yesterday afternoon. I had taken out some more hooks.

Then I began my personal newsletter for those I send one out to each year. I will begin putting my Christmas cards together and getting them ready to mail. I will need to buy eight "special" Christmas cards for my kids and grandkids. I bought stamps today for that project.

Then I went to the Dollar General store at the end of my block and bought a few more Christmas decorations. I paid some bills and then went downtown and looked around some. It rained most of the day off and on. I was bored. I had hoped to get my Christmas tins for my Christmas chocolate peanut clusters. But V & S Variety was closed. Maybe I can get them on Monday.

I sent out a notice to my class members, the class of 1953, that I was going to print off another newsletter for the class and they would need to send me their news. I heard from three of them already and they will begin putting together their thoughts. I will need stamps and ink cartridges from the class bank account since I will send it out as hard copy just to those who are not online. Those who are online will get it in e-mail or attached to e-mail.

Bob didn't come over this evening. He was watching football games. So I took my bath early and Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched the CNN special on the seventies. It made me nostalgic. I was so young in the seventies.

Tomorrow morning I will make my coffeecake and will be the one to drive to church. I invited my neighbor Marilyn R and she is going to go to church with us. After church we will all eat out somewhere. I hope Marilyn will enjoy our little group.

I've had my bath and am ready for bed. So there will be more tomorrow.

Good Night all!

No comments: