Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Big Sunday

It was another big day today. I got up about 6:00 after a kind of fitful night of sleep and immediately started feeding Missy and myself a breakfast and then put together my coffeecake for the Church School class. As soon as I got that in the oven I wrapped the gifts for the new baby at the trailer court. I presided at church today and also led the church school class. Marilyn R went with us to church today and she took gifts for one of the children too. Bill spoke at church and he always gives us something to think about in his messages.  After church, Leslie was gone on call so John took the little girls and went to McDonald's or Sirloin Stockade. Karan and Bobby had a Christmas dinner at Bobby's church so they went there. Phyllis and Bob and Marilyn and I went to El Puebleto. Then I took them home.

I came home and sent out my Congregational letters. After I got that finished, I read awhile. I cleaned the kitchen and was about to bake cookies when Bob came over to read the paper. He stayed until 7:00 so I didn't get the cookies baked. After that, I took my bath and sat in the recliner with Missy...same routine every evening.

Keith, my older son, called and we had a nice visit. Scott had called last night. It was a good day and I am now ready to go to bed. Tomorrow is house cleaning and laundry day. Plus it's also the week we bake cakes to take to the First Christian Church in Independence on Tuesday.

So goodnight all!

2 comments:

Kay said...

You sound awfully busy. I guess it's all part of the Christmas hustle and bustle. Have a wonderful week, Margie!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Kay. And thanks for dropping by!