Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday Breakfast and then on to Chanute for Lunch

This morning I will have breakfast with Bob. I will pick him up at 7:20 and we will go to Sirloin Stockade for breakfast. Later, around 11:00, we will leave for Chanute to have a fish lunch with Tony and Gay. They have the rainbow trout John, my son in law, gave us some months ago. I was unsure how to cook it and it was frozen solid so I sent it home with Tony and Gay. Tony is a fisherman too. He is also a great cook. In their household, Tony does the cooking. It will be good to see them. They are caregivers for Gay's 98 year old mother and rather housebound. Every once in awhile Gay says she needs some "girl time" and I drive up to Chanute. It's about 50 miles. Well within my driving range. Gay is the friend I have had since I was 17 and she was 14. I am now 80. So as you can see, that is a long, long friendship.

I slept really well. I had had a very busy day. I went to town for cinnamon rolls at Utopia mid morning and visited with friends over the table there. Then I put together my meatloaf for lunch and set the table. In the afternoon after lunch I made my peanut clusters and put them into tins for friends. I want to remember to take some for Gay and Tony.   I gave one tin to Karan to give to Bobby M.  He is beginning to show symptoms now of his brain tumor. He was not feeling well the past two days. ....very un-Bobby like. Tragic! But life is full of tragedies. .....

More later....

We had a great lunch at Gay and Tony's and I had every intention of printing off the class newsletters when I got home and getting them into the mail. That didn't happen. First the printer would not work from either computer. and when I finally got the desktop to print, the laptop would not.. I never did get it to work. The desktop computer program keeps "not responding" when I use it awhile. Word quits responding and greys out. The mail program does the same thing.  I rebooted a couple of times to try to get it fixed but that didn't happen. I'd like to use the laptop to do this but now it won't print. I don't exactly know how I will get the newsletters done. I sent 71 of them out by e-mail and I still have 70 or so to send by snail mail.

Computers! Bah Humbug!

No comments: