Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tuesday and Hair Day

Bob and I will go to Independence this morning for my hair appointment. Afterward we will go Christmas shopping for some children the congregation has adopted to buy gifts. They are living with their grandparents after their mother dropped them off for them to raise. The grandparents have very limited means so the congregation has agreed to buy their Christmas gifts.

I slept well last night. Keith  and I decided to download Windows 10 on Bob's notebook and it sat all night waiting for him to answer a question. He checked on it this morning and it is now downloading Windows 10. Bob's notebook is very slow and we are hoping this upgrade  will help it. Keith will also clean it up. We downloaded Team Viewer on it first so Keith can manage it from Phoenix. I have Team Viewer on my computers so he can help me if I get stuck too. I went to bed at 9:30 and it was working at it again this morning.

After my hair appointment and the shopping trip, we will eat at Great China again. When I get home I will check on the progress of Windows 10 on his notebook. After 4:00 this afternoon, Keith will be free to help us again if we need the help.

More later...

I got my hair done and then went to the hospital to see my friend, Karan. She called this morning and said she had had an episode of Atrial Fibrillation  and was in the hospital. She had gone in the night to the emergency room. This is the friend whose husband has been diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor. It's like she didn't have enough to be concerned about. Her husband is not supposed to drive but he had to drive himself home. It's only six blocks but he had already done it or I would have  gone to take him home. I had my hair appointment in Independence and I went but I didn't take Bob and I came right back home and went to the hospital to see her. Her heart did not convert until 7:30. She thinks she will be going home tonight. I hope she will be alright now.

Bob and I are leaving tomorrow for Branson to use his daughter's birthday gift and our reservations are already made. I have messed with the notebook that Keith and I upgraded to Windows 10 all afternoon and most of the morning. I hope to get his e-mail working after Keith gets home from work. It needs an upgrade of some kind.  It says it needs to be synced...whatever that means. It says his mail program is outdated.

Computers! Bah Humbug!

No comments: