Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tuesday and Cakes

It was very cool last night so I slept very well. In fact, I didn't get up until 6:00 which is quite late for me. I made the bed and got dressed and came in to the kitchen to feed Missy and myself. Then I realized I had not iced my cake before I went to bed so before I even ate breakfast, I got that cake iced. Then I took all the cakes out to the trunk of my car where I have a box to put some of them in.

I will pick Bob up at 8:20 to make our trip to Independence this morning. I may just take the detour even though it's a country road and a mess.  He will help me unload the cakes at the Christian Church then I will go on to the beauty shop to get my hair done. After that, we will go to lunch. We may eat at Big Cheese again since Great China is closed for a month. They return to China to visit relatives there.

I will finish vacuuming the living room and my bedroom this afternoon. Missy was lying in the living room floor close to the north wall while I was vacuuming yesterday and she hates the vacuum so I just stopped halfway through. It could wait until today. I'll finish when she is in on the daybed.

Tomorrow we will have our roast beef, potatoes, carrots and green beans. Bob will probably have some more coleslaw.  I now have cupcakes for dessert. I hope to bake cookies again this afternoon.  We ran out yesterday. Those went fast! They were the peanut butter crisscross cookies I made last week, The first batch I forgot and they did not burn but they got crispy. Turns out Bob likes them that way. So he wants me to leave them in the oven a little longer and let them get crispy again. I may not have any more peanut butter crisscross mix. I have sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookie mix though.

More later...

I talked to my landlady Betty today and she showed me how to remove the windows in my apartment  and wash them to get them clean. I tried to do my dining room window and it evidently had never been taken out and washed. It was filthy. It took me an hour to do one and I had to get Betty to come over and show me how to get it back together.  She said the next day she was free, she would come and help me do every one. I have eight.  She will undoubtedly have to help each of us do that.

Anyhow, one is more then I had done before. I may try to do one a week and get them all done eventually.

Bob came over this afternoon and paid some bills online. Afterward we took Missy outside for awhile. Later we walked over to Brahms and had an ice cream cone.

He left at 6:30 and I took my bath and prepared to sit in the recliner. I'll go to bed at 9:00.


No comments: