Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night and did not need anything. I lay that to reading a real book before bedtime...they do not have the blue light that TV, computers and cell phones have that disturb sleep.

I got up at my usual time and fed Missy and myself before starting my coffeecake for the Church School class.

I left to pick up Bob and Phyllis at 8:50. After Church School class, we had church. I am not too impressed with out speaker but we did have a good attendance. My neighbors did come again. I think that it has been over a month that they have attended regularly now.

Afterward Rick and Carmen went on to his office to work and the rest of the congregation went to a Mexican restaurant in Independence for lunch. Phyllis and Bob and myself went to "Just Us" in Cherryvale. I am not wild about Mexican food. "Just Us" has regular home cooked style food. ...and pie and ice cream. All that for just $10.00.

When I got home I did my newsletters for the congregation and got them out on the mailbox for the mailman tomorrow. And after that I sliced and cored six apples for my Apple Brown Betty for this evening's Living the Questions group here. I will serve vanilla ice cream with it.  It's out of the oven and cooling now.

More later...Now I have to prepare the bulletin for next Sunday.

I got the bulletin done and Bob came and we watched part of 60 Minutes before I went to pick up Gary for the group meeting.

Six came and that was fine. We had a good discussion and then we had our dessert. They all seemed to enjoy that. They all left by 8:45.  Mona and Richard took Gary home. After they left I took my bath and Missy and I will watch some TV before I go on to bed. I need to wind down.

No comments: