Thursday, August 31, 2017

Thursday and Lunch With Gay

I slept pretty well last night but since I went to bed at 9:00 I woke up just before 5:00 AM.

I watched the news until almost 8:00 and finally decided I'd better get something done. I washed both the bathroom and kitchen floors and then vacuumed all the carpets. All I have to do now is dust. That's the easy part. I can do that in 15 or 20 minutes in this small apartment.  I should probably water the flowers on the east side. I haven't done that in several days.

I will drive up to Cherryvale at lunch time and meet Gay at their Pizza Hut for lunch. That's about halfway for both  of us. I like to do that about every month or six weeks. We have been friends for almost 65 years. I was a senior in high school and she was a sophomore or freshman.

More later...

I had a really good lunch with Gay and a really good visit too.  She wants to check into a hearing aid like mine. She has lost some of her hearing in her left ear.  She will come down one day soon and meet with Stan. I called him about her and he suggested she come for a 1:30 appointment. He is closed int he afternoons and does his service calls then. But if she makes an appointment, he will meet her at his office and test her hearing and fit her for a free trial of 30 days.

This is Gay
Here's a close up.
She sure doesn't look 79 years old.

When I got home I took Missy out for a little while. The painter was working across the street though and that worried her so she wanted to come back in.

I checked my bank account and both of my sons had deposited their deposit for me in my account so I can pay my rent tomorrow or Tuesday.  They are so thoughtful. They didn't want me to have to wait until Tuesday to pay it. Monday, of course, is Labor Day.

Sheila came over with the key to the senior center while Bob was here watching the news. She is not sure she will be back in town in the morning in time to open it up for exercise class and she wants me to go early and open it and open the office too.  If she is not there in time for exercises, I will take the phone over to the tape player and lay it down in case it rings. Bob left shortly after 6:15.

I took my bath and put my PJs on for bed. I am trying to stay up until 9:00 and will go to bed then. It's almost 8:30 now.