Saturday, November 25, 2017

Saturday and the Kids Leave

I slept well again last night. I may just sleep on the daybed trundle from now on. Only small children have ever slept on it and that mattress is like new.

I got up about 4:30 and have cleaned out the litter box and dressed but still have to make up my face before I begin the day. We will meet Bob at Eggberts at 6:45 for breakfast. The kids have to leave at 7:30 for Wichita. We hope we can get our food and eat before 7:30.

I want to stay home today and see if Curtis comes to fix the antenna. I will contact Betty again if he doesn't come and mount it correctly. It's after 5:00 AM now. I'd better get myself ready and get back to this later in the day.

More later...

I got dressed and after 6:15 I woke the kids. We needed to meet Bob from breakfast at 6:45 and they just had thirty minutes to get dressed and get their luggage in their rental car.

We met Bob for breakfast at Eggberts and the kids bought all our breakfasts. They left shortly after 7:30. It was so good to see them and spend time with them again. It had been two years.

Betty said she thought Curtis was coming yesterday to fix the antenna. She asked me when I was leaving and I told her on Wednesday. I told her Keith had climbed that ladder we borrowed from Kenny and saw that the antenna was still hanging on those wires and was not attached to anything. She said surely he would come today and fix that. I hope she's right but I'll believe it when I see it.  I will stay home.

More even later...

Curtis never came. He didn't answer his phone either. He may be out of minutes and has no phone.

I warmed up the spaghetti for Bob and myself and took what was left to Karan. She was happy to get it. She said she hadn't had spaghetti for a long time. She was going to have it for supper.

It's 4:25 now and I probably need to go to the market and get sugar sometime.  I have the sugar bowl full so that will probably hold me for a day or two if I don't bake anything more.

More even later...

After Bob went home I took my bath and got ready for bed. Then I logged onto Amazon and watched a chick flick. Missy and I went to bed after 9:00. 

1 comment:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh I live off of spaghetti in some form or another every week in between the meat / potatoes / veggies meals :)