Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday and Church

I slept well again last night on that daybed trundle.

I got up close to 5:00 which is my usual time. I dressed, put away the bed and got myself ready for church before feeding Missy and myself. Then I went out to get the newspaper and put Russell's on their mailbox near their front door. I worked the crossword puzzle after feeding myself and Missy.

I talked to Betty, my landlady, last evening. Curtis never did come back to fix the antenna and wouldn't even answer his phone so she fired him. She says she needs someone for maintenance that she can depend on. She also said she was not going to pay him since he just laid that antenna over two old telephone wire and a cable wire. I am getting three channels on TV and also my Amazon selection. I can live with that since most TV is so terrible. She is to send her grandson over this afternoon after 1:00 to mount that antenna on the pole Keith bought and attach it with the bracket he bought to either a ceiling rafter or a floor stud...whichever works best.  That will enable the antenna to turn and I may be able to receive more channels.

I am presiding at church this morning. Bill is the speaker. After church Phyllis and Bob and I will probably go to "Just Us" for lunch. Then I will come home and do my newsletters and wait for Betty's grandson.

More later...

After church seven of us went to "Just Us" for lunch at Cherryvale. I got home just in time to see Betty and her grandson waiting for me to come in. We ran into road construction south of the Independence turnoff to go to 160 and that held us up for awhile while they allowed only one lane of traffic by at a time.. 

Betty and her grandson worked all afternoon to get that antenna mounted on a pole and hanging from the rafters. We ran it several times but could not pick up any more channels then we originally had. So I am satisfied that I am saving almost $60 a month now that I have eliminated the cable. I have all that Amazon offers their Prime customers for entertainment as well. It is picked up with my router.

Anyhow, I finally got my church newsletters finished and sent later in the day. Then I went out with the blower and blew off the leaves that were all over both carports. I know they will be back as soon as the wind blows again but at least temporarily it has been cleaned off.   I was visiting with Wayne when Bob came to watch the CBS news.

Bob  stayed until after the CBS news and then left after 60 Minutes.

After he left, I took  my bath and Missy and I lay on the sofa and watched TV for awhile before going to bed at 9:00.


Anonymous said...

Keith is so awsome mom! He really looks out for you!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he does. We had a great visit too.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie I am glad to hear that Keith helped you :)