Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday and Lunch with a Friend

I slept poorly last night. I awoke at 3:00 and never did get back to sleep. Finally about 4:00 something, I just got up. I dressed for the day and fed Missy and gave her some water. I also fed myself. Then I went to pay my rent. After that I went to exercise class. Several of us went to Utopia after exercise class. I had a cinnamon roll and a Utopiachina.  That was very good as usual.

Later after seeing to Missy, I drove over to Caney to meet Nancy for lunch. Lunch drug on for a couple of hours and about 3:30 we finally went over to her house to finish our long visit. She wanted me to stay and even asked me if I would like to stay the night. But I knew I would have to get back to Missy. She had already missed her treats.

But Nancy and I really caught up with a lot of our history. I worked with Nancy at Blackledge Furniture Store. Her mother and stepfather owned the store. She sold furniture and I managed the gift shop.  We were good friends. Nancy has been diagnosed with Alzheimer Disease. She doesn't seem any more forgetful then I am.  She has stopped taking her meds for it. They had too many side effects,

I got home about 7:30 or 8:00 and took my bath after reading the newspapers. It was almost too late to watch a movie. I had lost too much sleep time last night and I don't know whether I can stay awake long enough to lay down on the sofa with Missy. I may just go on to bed and she will join me there in a little while.

No comments: