Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thursday and Laundry and Apartment Cleaning.

I slept well last nigh. I awoke at 12:30 AM and was worried I would not be able to get back to sleep so I took a melatonin tablet. That got me back to sleep. I slept until after 5:00.

This morning I have stripped my bed and am doing laundry. I have fed Missy and myself and am going to clean the apartment this morning. I am really satisfied with my new vacuum sweeper that Leslie bought for me. It really raises the nap on my carpet. I have my sheets in the dryer and the towels in the washer.

I have put a half dozen chicken strips in the slow cooker with a mixture of cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup poured over them. When I  did the chicken breasts this way last week, they turned out well. I will put some broccoli in the microwave to go with them. I also have two small potatoes I can also put one of those in the microwave. I may make some pudding for dessert.  I also need to bake some cookies.

After I finish my Chai Latte, I will start in on the bathroom and kitchen floors. Then I will vacuum the carpet.

If I get everything done, I will go out to church and see how the carpet layers are doing.

More later...

I have everything finished except my bedroom. Missy is sleeping in there on my bed. I will get it later.. I have left the vacuum out and in there.  It's only 7:40. My chicken strips are in the slow cooker.  I hope they turn out alright.

More even later...I need to run out to Walmart now.  I need several things.... including my oatmeal.

When I got back from Walmart and put everything away, I took Missy out for a little while. It was really too cold for her old bones so I offered her some treats to go back inside and she complied. She loves those treats!  She is here behind me now on the daybed. I have eaten some of my slow cooker  chicken and had some broccoli with it. That was enough to fill me up.

I got my bedroom vacuumed while Missy was down from the bed. 

Scott, my younger son called a little while ago. He has a job now in Nashville. He will be an administrative assistant in the internal revenue office in Nashville. That will be something new and different for him. It pays well though.

Now I guess I will read awhile.

I had a good time at Bunco and next Wednesday is Bingo at the senior center.

So, more later...

I read awhile and then I decided to bake cookies. It's been a couple of weeks since I did that. I had to buy some cupcakes at Country Mart to take to Bunco.

Later, after 6:00, I took my bath and lay down with Missy to watch something on Amazon. I cancelled my audio on Amazon. Alexa doesn't have much expression in her voice to read aloud. :)

I watched a video about Ava Gardner but couldn't find anything else I was interested in seeing. I am still waiting for "The Post" to be released on video. I saw it at the theater but would like to see it again...without commercials. I think I will make a list of movies I would like to see and put them in the search engine, and watch them that way.

Finally at 9:00, Missy and I went on to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For The State of Tennessee in the capital building in Nashville.. : )