Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday and Lunch with Gay

I slept very well last night. I awoke at 1:00 and went to the bathroom, took my med and also a melatonin tablet. Then I slept the rest of the night and awoke again at 5:00...my regular "wake up" time.

This morning I have fed myself and Missy and even taken her out for awhile until she was ready to come in.

After awhile, around 10:00, I will start for Chanute to meet Gay for lunch. She may bring her friends too and her sister Adele. I wish she would only bring Adele. When she brings all five of her friends, we don't get as good a visit.

I transferred some money today from my savings so I could pay my Cox bill, my electric bill and for my Amazon Prime bill. When I get my social security on Wednesday, I will transfer it back to savings.

Next Tuesday I will go to Independence and meet the tour bus for the tour of Tulsa museums and other spots of interest.  I do this through "Gone For A Day" tours.  They are cheap but interesting and something different to do. So I am having my hair done at 10:00 on Monday at that time.

My son-in-law's birthday is next Friday. I believe he will be 64 years old. Yep! I checked with my daughter and he is to be 64.

More later....

Bob Avery checked with me this morning and dropped by.  He will be going to Dr. Conrad, my dentist, this afternoon to see if he can get his one remaining wisdom tooth taken out. He has a dull toothache and doesn't want to wait until it's a full blown problem.  He wanted to see if I would be able to go with him just in case it turns out to be a bear of a problem. I should be well back from my trip to Chanute and lunch with Gay by then.

I need to leave for Chanute now...so more later....

I had a nice lunch with Gay and her friends. There were five of us and once again, I didn't get a good visit with her.

Anyhow, I started home a little after 1:00 and the rains began to fall..and it rained so hard I could barely see the highway. Every time a semi passed me I had to guess where the highway was.  Luckily, the rain subsided just south of Cherryvale but it was an horrendous drive. But I made it!

And I heard from Bob. Joanne is going with him.

I heard from him again....the office is closed on Friday afternoons.

Chuck, the previous secretary/treasurer of the alliance, e-mailed me that he is still getting the bank statements and he asked me to go over to the bank and get that changed...so I just did.  I had Dana print me off a copy of the bank statement Chuck received today and I told him to just throw his away.

More again later...it's time for Missy's treats and she's here telling me about it.

I got Missy her treats and got one myself...one of Schwan's ice cream bars...ummm good!

At shortly after 6:00PM I took my bath and put on my PJs and got ready to watch Amazon Prime.  Missy and I went to bed about 9:00, as usual.




No comments: