Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday and Amazon Echo Fixed

I took some ZZquil before I finally went to bed last night at 11:30PM. It was late but I was frustrated that I could not get my Echo to turn the lamp on and off. I slept through till 5:00AM this morning when I finally got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day and got Missy fed and gave her her treats and made up my oatmeal, coffee, juice, and Chai Latte.

Then I began again working on the Echo. Finally, I got it working again.  Whew! I bought a kindle edition of a manual for it at the Amazon site.

Today, I will wash the kitchen and bathroom floors and if my arm holds up, I will also vacuum. I never did hear back from Cyndi although I had texted her yesterday at 4:15 to see if she could vacuum for me. I haven't heard again from Darrell, who was supposed to have cleaned my carpet last Monday. I hope his gout is better. I don't know when he will reschedule me. Whenever it is, Missy will not be happy with wet carpet and the noise.

I have good TV reception this morning. I messed with the antenna rotater yesterday evening trying to get some CBS news on TV. This morning sometime I will watch last night's 'CBS news on Amazon Prime.

Missy is wanting to go outside but it is only 43 degrees outside. I doubt she would be happy out there.  We will wait and see if it warms up later.

I finally got the "all clear" from 811 to dig for the antenna base John wants to cement in the ground today. The City of Coffeyville doesn't participate in the 811 program so I don't know yet about the electric. The office up there opens at 8:00 so I will try to reach them after that.

More later....

I finally got the electric company to come give me the "all clear" on the electric.

John came before lunch and brought his brother-in-laws post hole digger and dug a hole to put the base of the pole for the antenna in and cemented it. Then he put the bracket up near the roof to hold it steady. He is going to get my grandson, Jeromy, to come help him put that pole in the base where it belongs. He says it is very heavy. Jeromy will also climb into the attic and get that antenna and help John put it on top of the pole. It will be interesting to see how much that antenna can get. It has a 150 mile radius and has it's own amplifier.  I am hoping it will work since Tulsa is 75 miles away to the south and so is Joplin/Pittsburg but to the east.  Here is the base and under that near the roof is the bracket to hold the pole.

Image may contain: plant, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

 If this works, Merrill, my neighbor, may do the same thing. He spends $135.00 a month for cable and says there really isn't anything he enjoys watching except the news. Programming is terrible anymore.

I got the entire apartment vacuumed by myself using my left arm. It worked!

More later...

No comments: