Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tuesday and a Catastropic Day

I slept well last night probably because of the Benadryl tablet but it was nearly 6:00AM when I got up. I fed Missy and then I stripped the bed and washed the sheets and put them back on the bed.

Bob called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to breakfast at Eggberts and I said "sure" so we did.

Then I got my hair done and then I decided to go to the bank for the money for the week and also bought $10.00 worth of quarters. I was going to wash my coverlet. It was time. I went to the laundromat and put my coverlet in a washer and inserted $2.50 worth of quarters and sat down to read my kindle on my smart phone. I visited with one of the two men who were there doing their laundry. The one I visited with was a minister.

When I finished the wash and got up to put the coverlet in the dryer, I put away my phone in the side pocket of my purse. As I was visiting with the minister, I watched him as he carefully folded his laundry. He seemed like a nice young man. He said he would be 54 in a few days.

I got my coverlet out of the dryer and folded it to put it in the back seat of my car, picked up my purse and drove home. Both men had left before I did. Missy wanted to go outside and I had put her off all morning. As I let her out, I went to my purse to get my phone. It was gone! I got Missy back in the apartment and got into the car and went back to the laundromat to see if I had accidentally left it on the table next to me. No, it was not there. It was gone..

I immediately went to US Cellular and reported it stolen. I don't know which of them would have taken it but I knew it was in the side pocket of my purse after I finished reading my book in it.

I had it in-activated immediately before someone had a chance to use it. Then I began trying to see how I could get a duplicate phone without it costing Leslie anything. I also bought a protective cover for it. I was going to have the insurance send me another phone but Leslie suggested I just go ahead and immediately get another one just like it. It was only going to cost her an additional $5.00 per month. I left it with the US Cellular people after I went home and got a phone I had been using when Leslie gave me the smart phone for Christmas. It had my e-mail addresses in it.

I picked up Karan and we went up to the First Baptist Church for the Salvation Army's salad/soup luncheon. Bob's girlfriend, Joanne, had give him a couple of tickets for me and Karan.  Then  I went back to US Cellular and picked up the phone.

Then I went out Leslie's home and had her set it up for me. That killed the rest of her afternoon.  While I was there I got a chance to see John's Cowboy Corgi pups. They are a cross between a Corgi (Hoover) and John's Blue Heeler female. The puppies are like all puppies...very cute! I got home about 6:00PM...exhausted.

This has been a week. I spent $370. to get the car repaired and over $120. on my part for the cover and to pay off the other phone. What a week! And this is only Tuesday!

Now it's nearly 7:00PM and time for my bath. Then hopefully Missy and I can lay on the sofa and watch TV again. At 9:30 or so we will go on to bed. The only good thing that has happened so far this week is getting all these things taken care of. The car is repaired and I have a phone again. Oh yes, the cold I had started with yesterday was evidently nipped in the bud.

1 comment:

Ugich Konitari said...

Perhaps the laundromat place has a CCTV ? It might have captured the thief .