Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday and a Different Day

I slept well last night. I got up early an got around because I knew it would be huge day.  I made a trip to Caney with 10 boxes full of stuff at 7:30AM this morning...just as soon as the sun came up. We are forecast for snow after midnight tonight and I may not be able to get over to Caney tomorrow and I still have some boxes to take over.  I got there at 8:00AM, worked for two hours putting away what I could put away and then made another trip back for the rest of those eight boxes.

That was mainly the groceries. I got them into the pantry and the shoes into a closet and everything I could put away, put away. What is left is something that will have to wait until the move and the furniture is here to unpack. I will go over to Steve's and try to get some more boxes. Hopefully when I get back tomorrow (if I can go tomorrow) he will be open. He opens at 10:00AM. Maybe then I can finish all the packing. I am working on that dining room closet. Then I will take my fall and winter clothing over...minus what I will wear next week.

I met Gay at 12:00Noon and we had lunch at Ane Maes in Independence and then she followed me back to Caney to see the apartment. She was very impressed. Of course, it will look even better when the furniture is in and the pictures and the decorative accessories are up. It will be even better when I can get the Roman blinds. I believe I will try to buy them one room at a time. I will do the living room first and then when those are paid for I will do the dining room. Last, I will do the bedroom. It may take a few months to get them all.

I got back to Coffeyville at about 3:30PM and spent the rest of the afternoon packing the empty boxes I brought home. By then it was too late to go back again and it had begun sprinkling anyhow. I went with Marilyn for dinner at Eggberts. We had their chicken salad with fruit. It was very good.

We just got home. My car was loaded with boxes so we took hers.

Now it's going on 7:00PM and I will take my bath and watch some TV until time to go to bed. I only have until Thursday to get all this done. Sunday, we have a basket dinner after church and I will need to remember to bring back my casserole dish from Caney for my corn casserole.  When I get home I will do my newsletters and if there is snow on the ground, I may not go back to Caney until it begins to melt.


No comments: