Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday and Church

I slept really well again last night and was up at 5:00AM.  I put a load of laundry in this morning and it is in the dryer now. I have dressed and got myself ready for my day and even had my breakfast. There was about four inches of snow out there yesterday and I doubt there will be many if any at church. Today is also our congregation's budget business meeting and we probably won't have a quorum. Several come from Neodesha and are widows. They won't be there.

Bob should be driving today. The parking lot will be full of snow and I hope no one gets stuck. In my opinion, we should have cancelled services. We are in the country and the driveway will be full of snow. I waded around in it here trying to get together the boxes for my move. Oh well, I am no longer making those decisions.

I don't know where we will eat today. It depends on how much snow there still is out there. We may just come home and eat. I have one more frozen dinner.I also have some soup though so I won't starve.

I lack the bathroom and the kitchen and the storage closets in the dining room and bedroom.  If I get to go over there this week and the snow melts, I will take the luggage and the clothing from my spring/summer closet. Most of what is left, including the 20 some boxes of books that should be picked up by John and Leslie in their SUV. They will take up a lot of room in that large van. I can't lift them so John and Leslie will have to handle them. Cyndi had planned to have Jeff and herself bring their pickups and take stuff over. That would be a good plan for all those boxes.



I finally have this bookcase packed.

And here are the boxes. There are over twenty of them.

No photo description available.  

More later...the news is on.

Not much news except the Tulsa news, and of course, more killings and violence. You couldn't give me life in a city as a precious gift!

Bob texted me he is driving but he wants to come back home after church. After I see how things are looking, I may ask Phyllis if she wants to go out to El Pueblito. Otherwise I will eat my last frozen dinner here.

I went to my car to get the phone directory this morning and it appears to be melting some. Still I doubt the Neodesha widows will be out in it. And they may have more then we did since they are further north.

More later...

We had a nice service today and also had the business meeting. Rick and Carmen were there!  It was so good to see those kids again! Afterward, they went up to Just Us but Phyllis and I went to El Pueblito. Bob had driven and wanted to go home So we let Bob leave Phyllis at my apartment here and we went out in my car. Bob wanted to go to Joanne's.

We had a good lunch and I took Phyllis home afterward. Then I got my last two boxes out and began packing the bathroom. I left Suzanne a message and asked her if she and Steve got  the bathroom finished. If so, I want to take my boxes from the bathroom over tomorrow afternoon. I would like to take my spring/summer clothing too. I would go by way of Independence and pick up some more bank boxes. I want to use them to pack the kitchen next.

So, more later. I'd better get my minutes done and sent off to Leslie.

I got the minutes finished and sent to Leslie and also the newsletters and I have four out on the mailbox. Betty, my present landlady, came this evening and paid for my appliances. She also took some photos of the rooms of the apartment that are not filled with boxes. People are wanting to see the apartment and rent it but they need to be able to see it.

I heard from Suzanne and they did not get the bathroom painted. Steve is just not feeling well. They will try to get it done by Wednesday.  But she said I could still bring the boxes over..just not put the stuff in the bathroom. I could just store it in one of the closets. And I will still take my spring/summer clothing over tomorrow too. I will try to get everything over there but the things I will be using the next week and a half and those 23 boxes of books. I cannot lift those. They weigh too much..

Hopefully Leslie and Cyndi and perhaps Jeff, Cyndi's husband, will soon be able to take all those boxes of books over and put them next to the south wall of the den. John is still sick with that sinus infection. He was not at church today. I need to get the boxes over there and out of the dining room. They would take up way too much room in the van we are renting,

I worked all evening until 7:00PM, packing the bathroom. I got it done. All I really need to do now is the kitchen. I will try to get some more boxes at Walmart in Independence tomorrow and do the kitchen with those. If I run out, I will get some more boxes at Steve's. They won't be as easy to handle without handles but I could at least get the kitchen finished.  I did buy some foam packing material to put between the plates, etc the last time I was in Independence's Walmart. 

I took my bath at 7:00PM and lay down on the sofa to watch TV. I fell asleep almost immediately.  When I woke up it was 8:30PM. It's  9:30PM  now and I will go on to bed. But I am making progress. All I have left to pack is that kitchen and that closet in the dining room and the one in the bedroom.

No comments: