Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday and a Full Day

I slept pretty well last night on the trundle. I got up at 6:00AM so I slept a little longer then usual. I drank my coffee and Chai and even my Caramel Cappuccino. Dean slept well. I sneaked into the bedroom in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and didn't even disturb him. He uses what I think he calls a C Pack to keep him from having sleep apnia.  He has atrial fibrillation like Bob has except he has a pacemaker. He takes a handful of pills every morning and another handful every evening. That C Pack makes just enough noise to keep him from hearing anything and disturbing home and waking him up.

I put the TV on with the news about 8:00AM and kept the sound low and he was never disturbed. He got up at 9:30AM.  After watching the news he wanted to get a shower and dress and wants to go back to Dewey to go through some of those antique shops and "junk" shops they have there. He said we'd catch a quick breakfast after that. He also said since he had everything done he came to do, he thought he would not stay the second night.  He wants to go back to Topeka and buy himself a new box springs and mattress. He said he slept better on mine then he had in years.

I told him he was welcome to stay the second night if he wanted but he was anxious to get back to his son, Rod. He said he would come again another time. He gave me a hug and thanked me for my hospitality. I thanked him for all the meals he treated me to.

After he left, I wanted to wash my towels. I got them ready to go through the washer but I could not get it to turn on. I tried several times and did several different things. Nothing worked. I texted John for an idea what to do and he suggested it might be a breaker. I went to the garage and looked into the breaker box but nothing had been tripped.  I tripped the ones for the washer and dryer anyhow and then went back into the house and tried them. They both worked that time. I texted John to thank him for the suggestion. He suggested it might have been the storm Wednesday night that tripped that breaker. I had not thought of that.

Anyhow, I got that laundry done and dried and put away.

I noticed that I had never picked up my "Coffeyville" books at the Journal office since I moved and called the Journal to see if they still had them. I had loaned them to Jennifer, who was the Journal editor last fall. But she had moved on to the radio station and now they had a new editor. They had quite a few of the books and asked me if I wanted to come look to see if some of them were mine. So I made a fast trip over to Coffeyville to check them out. They had three of mine. So I picked them up and just came on back home.

I hadn't been home very long when Nancy dropped by. David, her only son, had finally called. She talked to him briefly but it was time for her to go to her Bible study so she told him she would call him back after the Bible study. He agreed to that. They were not quite ready for the class yet so she dropped by my place to see if I was finally home. I told her about my visit with Dean and that's when she told me about David's call. I am so pleased he called her. I hope she remembers to call him back.

More later...

By the time Nancy got out of her Bible class, she was feeling really bad, She aches all over.  I doubt she called David back.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and watched TV until 9:00PM when I went on to bed. I feel drained. 

No comments: