Sunday, April 14, 2019

Palm Sunday Back Home

I went to bed fairly early last night. I slept pretty well but woke up with a slightly sore throat at 4:00AM . I found my zinc lozenges and took one and I will take another with me to church. I am not particularly surprised about the sore throat. There were a lot of people at the conference coughing. ....plus, I am back in allergy country and my sinus's drained down my throat all night. The fact that it was 80 degrees one day and 33 degrees and very windy with 50 mile an hour winds the next, didn't help.


I will get my coffeecake made as soon as I dress and eat my oatmeal. I hope my little dab of milk isn't sour. If it is, I will have to have a breakfast bar instead. Luckily, Leslie sent them home with me.

So after I dress and have my breakfast, I will get back to this.

Well, I got the coffeecake baked and cooled and then iced it.  I will load up the cake for the First Christian Church into my car and my sermon and Bible. Then I will take off for church about 8:15AM.

I got there after Bob did. He had the doors open. I set up the coffeecake and cut it into slices and got  the paper plates out and the plastic forks. Then I went into the office and ran off the bulletins.  Then the class arrived and after they had their coffeecake, we began the class. After class, it was time for the congregation to begin coming in . We had a fair size group and four or five came down from Chanute.  I was not terribly comfortable with my sermon but everyone seemed to be alright with it afterward. I had prepared it before the conference and just run through it a couple of times after we got home from the conference.  It was short but that's better then a very long one.

John surprised Johnna with a lovely painting of angels.  Johnna was the women who lost her mother three weeks ago in a head on collision near here. He also painted Phyllis one of Iris. She was thrilled with it. Just a couple of weeks ago she had asked John if he ever painted flowers. He ended up giving it to her and she was thrilled about it. It was really pretty.

Phyllis and I intended to to go Great China for lunch but when we got there, we remembered that they were closed for a month so they could go back to China to visit.  So we turned around and went over to "Just Us". Luckily they had room for us. After we got our food we found that Rick and Carmen were there. We visited with them shortly but they had finished and we were just getting our food. They came by our table when they were ready to leave and said "goodbye". Rick doubled back and told me he had paid for our lunch.  What a guy!

I took Phyllis back to her car after lunch and went into Coffeyville to go to the bank and stop at Braums and get milk and eggs. Then I came on back home to do my newsletters. I ran over to the Dollar General store to get some more envelopes. I sent out two in snail mail.  When I finally finished,  I read the papers and vacuumed out my car. I intended to have it washed but the bay was shut down for some reason.

So  I came home and talked to Nancy awhile and watched 60 Minutes. Nancy and I may have lunch at the Copan Truck Stop tomorrow. They have great food.

I have had my bath and am ready for bed. I will try to stay up another 30 minutes. It's just a little past 8:30PM now.



No comments: