Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday and a Quiet Day

I slept very well last night and didn't get up until 5:00AM. I got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast and coffee.  I ordered a "Flawless" for Bob. He wants to give it to Joanne. They keep the peach fuzz off our chins. Karan and Leslie and I all have one and use them regularly. :)

I don't have anything in particular planned for today. I might do a small load of laundry...towels, underwear and PJs.  Other then that, the apartment is clean and the yard is mowed and trimmed.

I do need to water my new plant and check out the flowerbed. I don't know what has happened to my hummingbird. I changed the nectar in the feeder but I haven't seen anything of the hummingbird in days. I will go watch the news now and get back to this later.

I watched the news and several programs that I had recorded and then I went through the next week and marked the programs I want to record through next Sunday.

I did water the hanging plant in front and also called Nancy to see how she is feeling. She is feeling sick again today.  I would love to take her back to the doctor and help her find out what is going on in her system that she periodically gets sick. But she resists doing that and I am not going to further urge her to do it. She didn't go to church yesterday either and that's also a bad sign. That is so important to her. I know if she was up to it, she would have been there. They even had a dinner at their church and according to her, that went well. Sandy came and filled her in on the service.

Yesterday evening I worked on my June 9th sermon. I will be gone the weekend before that and I didn't want to put off my preparation to the last minute. We will have a basket dinner next Sunday when Joshua Crown is with us for the 11:00AM hour. I will need to thaw some ground beef for a meatloaf and perhaps some baked beans for that dinner.

More later....

I watered my new hanging plant and also the flowers in the flowerbed in back.  Halfway through the afternoon the mailman brought my Mother's Day gift from Scott and Ginger....Sheri's Berries...wonderful treats. I had one immediately and will have another this evening.

I also received my new yellow lens glasses. They are supposed to keep the blue screens on TV, computers and smart phones from destroying the melatonin our bodies makes to help us to sleep. I hope by using them as I watch TV or work on the computer or smart phone, I will sleep better.

Later I went over to visit with Nancy. She is feeling somewhat better this evening. She was dealing with diarrhea the past day and a half.  We had a nice visit and I got back home about 6:15PM.

About 30 minutes from now, I will take my bath and put my PJs on. I did a load of towels, underwear and my PJs this morning so everything will be clean.

I do not plan to go to bed until 9:00PM or so.

No comments: