Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tuesday and More Storm

I slept very well last night. It was probably the storm that helped. I only woke up once in the night and then I noticed I had nine or ten flood warnings on my phone. We continually get those warnings. Eighth and State are both full of water to the curb. I understand there is some flooding in Independence. I don't know how Coffeyville' s Verdigris River is doing. There's been an awful lot of rain and wind.  I stayed on the weather channel and Channel 6 until I went to bed.

I got up at 5:00AM and dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. There is a lot of wind too. I can hear it blowing outside my den window. I texted Bob and it's pouring down rain there too.

More later...

It's nearly 10:00AM and the rain has calmed down some now. It's still raining but it's raining gently and Eighth street is now showing, State is still flooded to the curb though.  I imagine I will stay in again because it's just very wet and yucky out there. I did go into the garage and did some rearranging though. I moved the little table with the trimmer on it against the furnace door sideways and put the mower back further into the garage. Now I can pull the car further in. When the rain let up a bit, I got my umbrella and took the trash container out to the curb. They haven't picked it up yet but I think they usually do that in the afternoon.

More even later...

I watched my recorded TV programs until the rain stopped and then I went out to the Dollar General store and bought a few things.

The sun is out now and it turned out to be a nice day...wet, but nice.  I hope it stays nice tomorrow for my hair appointment and the game day at the senior center.

More, even later...

We didn't get our trash picked up today by Waste Connections, out of Bartlesville.  It seems their trucks are under water. I asked the city if they would be giving us credit for the time they miss giving us service and was told "no"...It doesn't work that way. I guess that's right. This was pointed out to me on my facebook site where I was complaining about it by Gretchen and Kelly..

More later...

I watched Amazon TV until 8:00PM when I took my bath and went on to bed at 8:30PM. It had been another big day.

No comments: