Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wednesday and Game Day

I slept very well last night and got up around 5:00AM. I had my Chai and then texted Bob to see if he wanted to have breakfast. He did.

I was to pick him up at 7:00AM but I was ready to leave by 6:00AM so I went on over and ran some errands. At the last, I went out to Woodshed and bought a tank of gas. I started to come back to town by way of Buckeye Street and it was blocked off. Evidently, flooded.  So I turned around and went back to the highway and came back into town that way. That made me about 6 minutes later then I had anticipated. He was waiting for me outside the building. We went on to Eggberts for breakfast. We catch up on the news when we meet for breakfast.

Afterward I went to Braums and then looked around at Orschleln's parking lot for a small bag of red mulch. They only had large ones. So I then went on to the beauty shop although I was thirty minutes early. I had intended to read until my appointment. Toni was ready for me. She had had a cancellation. After that I decided to come on back home. I had way too much time on my hands. It's only a little after 10:00AM now. If the weather holds, I will drive back over for game day at 1:00PM. If it turns off rainy again, I will just stay home.

More later...

I got back over for game day and we had a good time.  I left about 3:00PM and got back home at 3:35PM before any storm started. There is supposed to be about a 57% chance of it starting to storm again about 8:00PM this evening with about a 55% chance of storms with strong winds and large hail and possibly a tornado with some of the storms.  One to two inches of rain is forecast. By 10:00PM this evening the chances will be up to 90%.

My experience with the Channel 6 weather is that they way over emphasize the chances. They are evidently covering their bets....just in case that weather really develops.  Yesterday they were forecasting multiple tornadoes in Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri and some in southeast Kansas.  There may have been three of four in all that area but they were forecasting multiples of that.  I refuse to stay up all night sitting in my living room closet with a sofa pillow over my head waiting for a storm that may never develop.

I took my bath about 8:00 and will go to bed as soon as I finish this blog. 

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

We had the tornado warning sirens going off and on for 1 1/2 or 2 hours here last night. I believe here they do them when the tornadoes are sighted in our county or adjacent counties. We have a lot of adjacent counties. Our electric blinked out once for just enough time to make us have to reset clocks, but then stayed on. The local weather reports on tv here try to cover all of the way a bit past Bowling Green, Missouri to about two hours away from St Louis to parts of Illinois. They are no longer local reports to me, since I'm near St Louis. I think they try to cover way too much area and lose accuracy for everyone. The other night one of the local weather women said "and we have tornadoes in Oklahoma". I didn't hear the Oklahoma part the first time through and had to rewind to see where "we" had tornadoes. It griped me when she included Oklahoma as "we". "We" listening to this local forecast are in Missouri, nowhere near Oklahoma. I think they purposely exaggerate a lot of the weather reporting to increase viewership. I don't have a closet to go into, so when things get bad weatherwise I put on a construction worker hardhat and go sit in the corner in the hallway away from windows.

After all of that last night, it sure was sunny, hot and summery feeling today. Every year when all of my roses are beautiful in full bloom, the weather goes wild and we have buckets of rain, wild wind, sometimes hail, and then hot roasting sun.

Galla Creek said...

I feel like you Margie. They heighten every thing. We had a lady hurt here.
But still they do the weather now like they present the news. It makes me doubt
what they are saying. Here on the news they talk about the shows that are on
That channel that night like that is news. It all makes me tired.

Margie's Musings said...

See Susie, you know exactly what I am talking about. I am in Southeast Kansas and they have been excitedly talking about "our" dangerous weather all afternoon when they are talking about Oklahoma....sometimes several hours away from southeast Kansas. I dread what would happen if we actually "had" a tornado and after hearing them cry "wolf" so many times, and I just ignored the warning.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand, Sister-Three. I know exactly what you mean. I record about everything I want to watch and watch the shows later. That way I can speed up and run right through the commercials and don't have to watch them. I hate commercials.