Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday and Dusting

I didn't make it until 9:00PM last night. I went to bed at 8:30PM. I slept well and woke up about 4:30AM and went to the bathroom. The room was cold so I looked at the thermostat and it was set on 71. No wonder! I turned it up to 77 and went back to bed.  I got up near 5:00AM.  So I have dressed and had my breakfast and coffee and am now enjoying my Chai.

The only thing I plan for today is to dust the apartment.  I will not mow the back or side yards today. We are forecast for 95 degrees.It will have to cool down before I will get out in that heat and mow!

More later...

I deadheaded the flowers in the hanging pot in the front and watered the flowerbed in the back and fed the little gray kitty. He/she is so shy. I don't know whether we will ever make friends. I went out and "kitty, kittyed" him/her but he/she was just too shy to come over to me. He/she just laid down in the grass and looked at me. But at least this time he/she did not run away.


While it was only 82 degrees, I went out with my trimmer and trimmed the mowed grass and also the back yard around the fence and the side yard.  If I don't get it mowed, it will at least look a little neater. It is too damp to mow just yet or I would do that. However at 8:45AM, my neighbors might not like it much.

More much later...

Nancy came by about 9:30AM and wanted to go to breakfast but I had had breakfast so I told her I would have brunch. This time..I bought. She bought last time.

I puttered around  all afternoon and didn't get much accomplished. I sat down to watch some Amazon Prime and fell asleep. I don't know how long I slept.

A couple of hours ago I took my bath and came into the den to play some solitaire. I don't know how long I have been at it.   But it's almost my bedtime now and I hope I will be able to sleep. I am not used to a nap. It's almost 9:00PM. I guess I will go to bed.

2 comments:

marlu said...

You are so industrious! And I figure if the neighbors aren't up by 8:45, they should be. But my husband feels the same as you - don't mow too early.

Margie's Musings said...

I didn't get it done either. It was 98 degrees here today.