Saturday, June 22, 2019

Saturday and Another New Kitty

I got up close to 5:00AM this morning, dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee and even my Chai. I opened the front door and two kittys were out there. One was the regular little gray cat and the other was a tiny little black kitty. Both were eating but when they saw me they ran away. I put more food in the dish out there and finally the tiny one came back. Now they are both out there eating. What have I started!! :) I need more cat food again.

I am watching CBS This Morning Saturday Morning now and was surprised to find Jeff Glor is one of their new hosts on the show. I am glad they are making good use of him. They treated him shabbily in my opinion.

I don't have a plan for today.  I am thinking about going up to Independence and talking to customer service about the ink cartridge I recently bought. I started printing off some new church directories and it only printed the cover in black ink. After that, it printed in green ink. I pay over $45.00 for those extra large cartridges and I expect better from them.

More later....

I discovered I had another load of laundry...mostly towels and underwear to do so I began that.  It's in the dryer now. It's only 8:12AM now so I am simply playing solitaire as I wait for the dryer to finish.

So more later...

I finished the laundry and went over to Coffeyville to return an ink cartridge that was defective at Walmart.  Then I stopped at Karan's and took her the two new directories I had printed off. Then I came on back home and ate lunch and watched a couple of recorded programs I had recorded this morning. 

I dropped by Nancy's but she was sick to her stomach again and didn't come to the door.  Later, I called her and sure enough, she was sick again.

I thought about mowing the back yard but it is 2:30PM and really hot out there.It is 86 degrees out there. I will wait and see how it is this evening. I would rather wait until Sunday evening or even Monday or Tuesday...before my hair appointment on Wednesday.

So more later....

At 6:00PM, I went out and mowed the back yard and part of the side yard. Now all I have to do is the rest of the side yard.  I won't beat the rain on that one, I know.



Image may contain: grass, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

But at least the front and the back are finished. Maybe I can get the rest of the side yard before Wednesday, before I get my hair done.

 Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature
 The flowerbed is still looking pretty full. I will weed it later too. Right now I want to get something to drink and take my bath. It is 6:40PM right now.

It's 7:15PM now and I have had a couple of glasses of peach tea and a bath and feel like a new woman! In about an hour and 45 minutes, I will go to bed and I should sleep like a baby. 

It's 7:45PM now and it is thundering but not yet raining...but it's going to, I know.

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The first picture with the Mama cat watching over her babies as they ate, while she kept an eye out for you to come to the door, was so sweet.

The first cat I ever had was a gray one that looked just like the Mama cat in your picture. He was a full grown stray, and when he came up to me and I picked him up, the boy across the street told me that cat would probably give me rabies. Smokey never gave me rabies. He was an un-neutered outside only cat. He lived for several years, but often came home beat up after a night of Tom cattin'. At that time my Dad really disliked cats, so Smokey was never allowed inside the house.

A few years later, after Smokey was gone,my Mom decided she wanted a kitten. My Dad still really didn't like cats. So, anyway, my Mom and I answered an ad in the paper selling part Persian kittens. We came home with Honey,a pretty little yellow puffball kitten. Dad was not too happy about that. A couple of weeks later Mom said she wanted to enjoy watching kittens play together. So we answered an ad for fluffy kittens. We brought home a long haired, puffy tailed, heavy boned kitty. He was the biggest in the litter, and the same age as our Honey kitty was. Mom got her wish, they played together and were adorable and so much fun.

For some reason the new kitty, Lucky, really made up to my Dad. Lucky grew up to be a big cat that looked like a Maine Coon Cat, and acted more like a dog than a cat. We had him neutered, and I think it caused him to grow even bigger. Lucky always came galloping to my Dad the minute he came home from work, and Dad always gave him a good petting and belly rub and a little play fighting. It was funny how Dad got so he didn't dislike cats so much, after all.