Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday and Church

I slept pretty well last night. Woke up a little earlier then usual but still got plenty of sleep. When I dressed this morning I saw that the mosquitoes had eaten on me while I mowed last evening. I have three big bites on my chest. I may have to use some anti-itch ointment. I may have some on my back that I can't see but it feels a little itchy. With all this rain, I guess that goes with it.

I have dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. As soon as I finish this part of the blog, I will go start the coffeecake. Leslie has the sermon and communion this morning. I am up next week.

We are forecast for a week of rain. It will be interesting to see if that develops.

More later....I'd better get that coffeecake going.

O.K. The coffeecake is in the oven and the icing is in the mixing bowl. I am ready to leave for church at 8:30AM or so. It's only 6:15AM now. I am ahead of the game. :)

So more even later...

The coffeecake is out of the oven and cooled and iced.

I see the little gray cat is back eating the cat food.

 Image may contain: indoor

I haven't seen the larger yellow one for several days.

More later....

For some reason, Leslie had traded Melissa  for the morning sermon. She hadn't told me so I had advertised the wrong speaker in the Church Brief in the Journal.

Bob and I went to "Just Us" after church for lunch and I ate more then I should have.  I got home about 2:00PM and started working on the newsletters. I got them out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow. The ones that go out by e-mail went out today.

I called Nancy after that and she had missed church again with an upset stomach. I suggested she take some tums and see if she could get to feeling better. We visited awhile and then I let her get back to getting dressed. She had been in bed all day. She really needs to go to the doctor and find out what is bothering her stomach. I have told her I would take her if she wanted to go...any day but Wednesday. I don't know why she doesn't want to find out what is wrong with her stomach. If it isn't vomiting, it's diarrhea. She has it sometime almost every week. You can't force people to go to the doctor though. It has to be her idea. She knows I will take her if she wants to go.

More later...it's 3:40PM now. So far, no storm.

It didn't look like it was going to rain so I got out and took Nancy the coffeecake I have saved for her.  Then I went to Dollar General and got some aa batteries for my Flawless shaver. The batteries finally died.

I came home and took my bath at 7:30PM and watched a couple of recorded TV programs until after 9:30PM and then I went on to bed.




No comments: