Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wednesday and My Hairdo

I got up later then usual...at nearly 6:30AM. I texted Bob A, but didn't hear anything out of him. So I texted him again and still didn't hear anything. I became a little concerned so I called him. It took two calls...but he had slept later too and was in the shower.  So I went over to Coffeyville a little early this morning and picked him up and he and I had breakfast at Eggberts.

I had got up at sometime after 6:00AM...late for me.  I got there at 7:00AM. and we ate and caught up on news. Then I took him home and went out to Walmart and got what few groceries I couldn't get at Dollar General here.

Then I drove to the shop and was going to sit in the car and read until my appointment but Toni saw me out there and was able to get me in early for my hair appointment so I got back home fairly early.

I watched some news on TV and then read the rest of my book "The Pioneers" and started the new one. These are markdowns on Kindle from Amazon Prime. This one is called "A Woman of No Importance". It is about a woman spy during the second world war and is a true but little known story. It is interesting..so far.

Nancy came by mid morning and we visited for awhile. Then she had some errands she needed to run and left. I was going to trim but then my trimmer battery needed to be charged and that takes awhile. So I have it on the charger now and will still need to do the trimming tomorrow.

Keith called and visited with me awhile. He is getting ready to leave again... first to go to Ft. Dix in New Jersey on August 12th and then to Ethiopia for 15 days from August 30th through September 14th. He loves to travel. I'm glad Esther doesn't mind. 

Two little girl's and their mother, one 10 years old and one 15 years old, came by at Leslie's directions this afternoon and checked out my yard for mowing. Leslie thinks I need to have my yard mowed in August. She thinks I might get heat exhaustion if I try to do it myself.  Their price is fair enough. They plan to take turns with the mowing. They both want to buy an "I" phone with their earnings.

I fixed some Taquitos for  my lunch this afternoon. I wasn't terribly hungry after my big breakfast this morning.

It's 3:30PM now and I will soon get back to my new book. The day has flown by.

My trimmer finished charging and so I got the trimming finished after all. I took my old worn broom out and swept off the patio area.

Now tomorrow is my cleaning day and I hope to get all that finished. It is 4:40PM now and I will go watch the news soon. I watched the news until it was finished and then turned off the TV and read my new book on Kindle.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and read some more and then at 8:45PM, I went on to bed.

No comments: