Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday and Another Big Day Planned

I slept very well last night and only woke up once and went right back to sleep after sneaking into the bedroom where Dean was sleeping peacefully with his breathing machine. I forget what he called that. I know my son, Keith, uses one.  They prevent sleep apnea, an interruption in the breathing while sleeping.  I needed to get into the bathroom and after I got that done, I went back to the den daybed trundle and went right back to sleep. That daybed trundle is very comfortable!

I sneaked back in there this morning at 5:00AM, when I awoke again, to brush my teeth and put a new face on. I don't believe I even disturbed him at all. The machine makes a gentle purring noise.

So far the new partial is working out just fine. I had it in when we ate supper last last night and it was just fine. After it's been in awhile, I forget it's even there. Which is the way I like it.

It's only 6:00AM right now and Dean is still sleeping away. He wants me to wake him at 8:00AM so he can get ready for the day and we can go over to Coffeyville and have breakfast at Eggbert's there. Then afterwards, at 10:00AM, he will take me to Paradise Beauty Salon so Toni can get my hair done. Then after that is finished, he will go out to check on his farm in South Coffeyville. We will maybe go to El Pueblo in Coffeyville for lunch if he likes Mexican food. Then the rest of the afternoon is up for grabs. It's up to him. We will not go to Woolaroc until tomorrow. That was the primary reason for his trip..besides the visit.

So far, that's the plan for the day.

After Dean got up and dressed, we went over to Coffeyville to Eggberts and had breakfast. Afterward he took me to the beauty shop and then he went  out to check on the farm and later came back to get me.

We drove around Coffeyville after that  to see the improvements on 9th street then we came back to Caney.

We stopped at that place where I bought my hanging basket on Mother's Day and looked around at all the interesting stuff there. He bought two BB guns and some barrel extensions for them. They were like new but had just been carefully cared for.  Then we came back to the house.

Nancy dropped over to visit briefly in the afternoon. She was supposed to meet Sandy so she finally left to go do that.

More later..he is ready to go to dinner.

We went to Tinker's Glass House in Bartlesville for dinner. We had a fine meal but much too much food. We had the other half boxed up and brought half of it back to Coffeyville to eat tomorrow evening after we get back from Woolaroc.

After dinner he drove out west of Bartlesville toward Pawhuska just to see the fine scenery out there but was really getting tired. So he finally turned around and we came back to Caney. By then, he was exhausted and after a short visit while I downloaded an upgrade for my Netgear wireless adapter,  he went on to bed. After I finished the download, I read the online Chronicle and around 9:00PM I took my bath and then went on to bed. I was very tired too. It had been a big day.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad you have company visiting.

Margie's Musings said...

It is great!